• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trevorjdaniel
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2005

My Z-Wave Experience

Hi,

I have just started to plug in my Z-Wave modules. I'm having great fun as you can imagine. Currently I am using the ConvergeX LivingRooms software to run them. The software is excellent. Control of scenes, groups and individual objects are a breeze!

Here are some of the problems I have had in my installation. I was wondering if anyone has any comments.

Firstly, I am having problems getting the RF controller to recognise the 2 appliance modules that I bought. It works perfectly with the dimmable light plugs but refuses to recognise the appliance plugs.

Next, I am desparately looking for a dimmable wall module. Currently I am having to use the X10 wall modules, making my installation a mix of Z-Wave and X10. Something I'm not too worried about but would like to solve.

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.

Trev
  • v8dave
    • Apr 2024

Re: My Z-Wave Experience

Hi Trev,

Have you checked that they are on the same freq? Worth a quick check?

Dave

Originally posted by trevorjdaniel
    Firstly, I am having problems getting the RF controller to recognise the 2 appliance modules that I bought. It works perfectly with the dimmable light plugs but refuses to recognise the appliance plugs.

Trev

Comment

• trevorjdaniel
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jan 2005

hmm, i didn't know that was possible....

I have checked the appliance modules and there doesn't appear to be any way to change what frequency they are working on....

can this be done?

Trev

Comment

• v8dave
        • Apr 2024

Hi Trev

You can't change it. I was actually referring to make sure it was not an American freq with the UK socket. Maybe one that slipped the QA net..

It was just an idea...

Dave...

Comment

Working...
        X