• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Otto-Mate
    Founder
    • Jan 2004

Honeywell Reveal New evohome Smartphone Controlled Zoned Heating System

Interesting new generation evohome from Honeywell...

M.
    Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
    www.twitter.com/ottomate
    www.instagram.com/automatedhome/
  • roydonaldson
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2013

Interesting to know if it'll work / integrate to existing CM927 / HC60 systems.

Comment

• Simes123
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by roydonaldson View Post
      Interesting to know if it'll work / integrate to existing CM927 / HC60 systems.
      Bah, I've just finished installed 18 x HR80s, An Evotouch, CM927 and a CM67z (11 Zones) - haven't ironed all the kinks out yet (getting random RF failures) and they announce this!!!

I was just bemoaning the lack of iOS integration when playing around with it. Well, I suppose there is Ebay to sell the old kit when the new stuff comes out. It looks great - I kind of hoped that they could do entirely away with the dedicated hardware main controller, and use a mobile device or a PC for configuration - it would be a lot more accessible in terms of cost and easier to keep up to date. I hope it is backwards compatible - would be a shame to have to replace all the radiator controllers.

Simon

Comment

• roydonaldson
        Automated Home Guru
        • Jan 2013

Simon,

I spoke to Honeywell last week and they implied that it's compatible with all the old kit, so you may be able just to swap you Evotouch with the new Evohome and IP gateway. Looks like I can't convert a CM927 into just a remote temperature sensor for the EvoHome, so would need to swap my 2 CM927's for 2 new DT92s. The kit now comes with the BDR91 boiler controller. I have 2 HC60NG's, she implied that I would be better replacing the HC60's I have, however wouldn't say that they definitely won't work.

So, I hope to just be able to swap the CM927's for DT92 and then add the EvoHome to it......

Comment

• Simes123
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by roydonaldson View Post
          Simon,

I spoke to Honeywell last week and they implied that it's compatible with all the old kit, so you may be able just to swap you Evotouch with the new Evohome and IP gateway. Looks like I can't convert a CM927 into just a remote temperature sensor for the EvoHome, so would need to swap my 2 CM927's for 2 new DT92s. The kit now comes with the BDR91 boiler controller. I have 2 HC60NG's, she implied that I would be better replacing the HC60's I have, however wouldn't say that they definitely won't work.

So, I hope to just be able to swap the CM927's for DT92 and then add the EvoHome to it......
          Hi, thanks - that's useful info. Any reason why you can't use the CM927 as a sensor? I'll be in the same boat - that's essentially how I'm using the CM927 and CM67z now - as sensors for enclosed radiators. I don't mind changing them out for DT92's though as it makes it easier and more logical for the wife to use the one controller, and with the ios integration of the new kit, it makes sense to have it all running through that. I'm still a bit miffed about the HR80s though - it was a significant investment and the new heads look a lot nicer, and I suspect will be less quirky.

I'm still getting RF issues with one of my: Evotouch/CM927/CM67z that I can't isolate. I think I'll unpair the older controllers for a day or so, and see if it's the Evotouch itself, though it reads Excellent signal strength on the RF Test, I'm getting the occasional dropout reported in the fault log. It's not *that* far away from the BDR91 either. Vexing.

Comment

• wysinawyg
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Oct 2013

Is the Honeywell system a Mesh network? Either for all components or just between controllers?

We've a fairly wide house with the boiler and the main room I'd like a controller in right at one end, which also happens to be an extension to the house. I don't see any way its going to be speaking with radiators on the opposite end of the house (based on the range I get from z-wave kit which is the same spectrum).

Comment

• roydonaldson
              Automated Home Guru
              • Jan 2013

No idea why it can't be used just as a remote sensor. Looking at the CM927 Installation Guide, if you look under Category 2 - System Settings, there is a parameter for Room Temperature Sensor Use. Now it doesn't explicitly show how to use the CM927 as a temperature sensor only in there. Not sure if it could be used like this.

Perhaps someone with more experience of EvoHome/Evotouch would be best placed to comment.

Though, DT92's may be better, as they only have the controls for remote sensors and no other options on them.

Roy.

Comment

• MichaelD
                Automated Home Guru
                • Mar 2006

Whatever happened to this new system?

I've waited since October before replacing my HR80s and CM67zs with something that looks much better, but January is almost over and nobody seems to be selling this new stuff yet.

And the Honeywell website is typically hopeless, suggesting we should ask an installer to get involved. Thats like a shoeshop telling us to go to a shoe fitter when we want to buy new shoes. This stuff is really simple, why make the purchasing so difficult?

Comment

• Otto-Mate
                  Founder
                  • Jan 2004

Heard this week that it will be February before stock hits their warehouse. Distribution after that.

M.
                  Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
                  www.twitter.com/ottomate
                  www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• roydonaldson
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Jan 2013

They've suggested it'll be February to me also.

Originally posted by Otto-Mate View Post
                    Heard this week that it will be February before stock hits their warehouse. Distribution after that.

M.

Comment

• MichaelD
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Mar 2006

OK thanks, its good to know that we are getting closer. Lets hope its all available by the start of Summer. Errrm, or maybe autumn

Comment

• timi900
                        • Nov 2011

Hi, new to this forum. My plumber in eastbourne has managed to get a evaluation kit for the new evohome system, from Honeywell. Possibly get my hands on it next weekend. Will let you know how it goes and if there are any problems.

Comment

• timi900
                          • Nov 2011

evohome

Originally posted by timi900 View Post
                          Hi, new to this forum. My plumber in eastbourne has managed to get a evaluation kit for the new evohome system, from Honeywell. Possibly get my hands on it next weekend. Will let you know how it goes and if there are any problems.
                          Got my hands on an evaluation kit from my plumber on friday. Overall impressions were that it was well built when compared to the conrad systems components. The main control screen was bright and easy to use.
                          RF connection to the valve heads was good. It reached the top of my house with two bars on the head unit, when using the signal test facility.
                          It comes with a wifi unit that plugs into your router via an ethernet cable (didn't test it), a boiler connector unit and display/control unit charger mount for tabletop. (I think there is a wall mount available)

My Main problem is the cost: £70 a pop for each TRV head unit. Cost doesn't include the correct honewell body. So guessing £100+ per rad, plus the control unit and accessories plus fitting.

I am probably looking at the best part of £1500, which is too much for me....... lets see what else is available later.

Comment

Working...
                          X