X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pbj
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Jul 2004

Whilst messing about over Christmas, I did think of another potentially simple way of achieving what I think you are after. How about xAP and running an Arduino/RPI at the remote end? Cortex can speak xAP and you can establish proper feedback too.

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
      Automated Home Legend
      • Dec 2007

>Arduino / RPi ...

also maybe this ...

any of which still leaves the question of the link, of course ...

how about :

Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 29 December 2013, 01:23 PM.
      Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• smoothquark
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Oct 2009

I think Home Easy is likely to be the most straightforward solution. The RPi solution is tempting .... I did think about it but require a wired (ideally) network connection (which I can provide using powerline), then relays etc, making it quite cumbersome. By the way, is there any way of converting Idratek packets to TCP/IP packets? That would be awesome (and much cheaper than a Cortex bridge). There is a USB/IP project (http://sourceforge.net/projects/usbip/) - is it possible to then use the PCU-001 on the "other side" ?

Comment

• Karam
          Automated Home Legend
          • Mar 2005

A 433.92MHz TX module (RTX-401) is due to be released shortly, will be notified in this forum. This is intended for use with HomeEasy protocol end devices. It would not be our first choice of radio connectivity but might help some people with non mission critical switching requirements in the short term.

TCP/IP: We have had an 'on the drawing board' Ethernet/IDRANet solution for a number of years now (as you might note if you look at Setup | RS232 comms options - PCE). This as it stood was a bit like the PCU in the sense that it provided a virtual com port at the PC end, except the hardware (PCE-001) physically connected between the ethernet LAN and IDRANet rather than a direct connection to the PC - so a bit more complicated networking wise. In fact we created a PCE prototype before the PCU but ended up only releasing the PCU. We have been mulling over the PCE agian recently so may yet come out.

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
            Automated Home Legend
            • Dec 2007

>PCE ...

not sure I understand its functionality - eg: would it be good for IP devices (such as cameras) and EoP & PoE extensions ??

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
              Automated Home Legend
              • Dec 2007

>RTX-401 -

presumably it could be used to work multiple installs of these :

wonder if the missing feedback could be obtained via a nearby LightLevel sensor ??

Comment

• smoothquark
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Karam View Post
                A 433.92MHz TX module (RTX-401) is due to be released shortly, will be notified in this forum. This is intended for use with HomeEasy protocol end devices. It would not be our first choice of radio connectivity but might help some people with non mission critical switching requirements in the short term.

TCP/IP: We have had an 'on the drawing board' Ethernet/IDRANet solution for a number of years now (as you might note if you look at Setup | RS232 comms options - PCE). This as it stood was a bit like the PCU in the sense that it provided a virtual com port at the PC end, except the hardware (PCE-001) physically connected between the ethernet LAN and IDRANet rather than a direct connection to the PC - so a bit more complicated networking wise. In fact we created a PCE prototype before the PCU but ended up only releasing the PCU. We have been mulling over the PCE agian recently so may yet come out.
                RTX-401 - sounds fantastic!

PCE-001 - I presume 2 of these would be required to create a ethernet "bridge" ?

Comment

• Nad
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by chris_j_hunter View Post
                  >RTX-401 -

presumably it could be used to work multiple installs of these :

I'm assuming/ hoping that this is the case too. The lack of feedback is not essential for my requirements so I will be watching with bated breath for the arrival of the RXT-401

Comment

• Karam
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Mar 2005

Haven't tried a ceiling switch device but I should imagine it would work just the same as others which use the 'address learning' protocol (as opposed to the older X10 style addressing ones).

And to answer the PCE related question: yes I think the PCE-001 bridge idea would probably be possible - in principle at least - but haven't tried that either.

Comment

Working...
                    X