Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wireless lighting control

Automated Home Legend chris_j_hunter's Avatar

>RTX-401 -

presumably it could be used to work multiple installs of these :

http://www.uk-automation.co.uk/produ...ng-Switch.html

wonder if the missing feedback could be obtained via a nearby LightLevel sensor ??

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karam View Post
    A 433.92MHz TX module (RTX-401) is due to be released shortly, will be notified in this forum. This is intended for use with HomeEasy protocol end devices. It would not be our first choice of radio connectivity but might help some people with non mission critical switching requirements in the short term.

TCP/IP: We have had an 'on the drawing board' Ethernet/IDRANet solution for a number of years now (as you might note if you look at Setup | RS232 comms options - PCE). This as it stood was a bit like the PCU in the sense that it provided a virtual com port at the PC end, except the hardware (PCE-001) physically connected between the ethernet LAN and IDRANet rather than a direct connection to the PC - so a bit more complicated networking wise. In fact we created a PCE prototype before the PCU but ended up only releasing the PCU. We have been mulling over the PCE agian recently so may yet come out.
    RTX-401 - sounds fantastic!

PCE-001 - I presume 2 of these would be required to create a ethernet "bridge" ?

Quote Originally Posted by chris_j_hunter View Post
    >RTX-401 -

presumably it could be used to work multiple installs of these :

http://www.uk-automation.co.uk/produ...ng-Switch.html
    I'm assuming/ hoping that this is the case too. The lack of feedback is not essential for my requirements so I will be watching with bated breath for the arrival of the RXT-401

Haven't tried a ceiling switch device but I should imagine it would work just the same as others which use the 'address learning' protocol (as opposed to the older X10 style addressing ones).

And to answer the PCE related question: yes I think the PCE-001 bridge idea would probably be possible - in principle at least - but haven't tried that either.