• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hughwatkins
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Oct 2013

Visonic setup help

Hi,

I'm setting up a new Visonic powermax complete.

What type of zone should a front door be?
    I've set it as Delay1 but the alarm goes off immediately you open the door when Armed Away. I want it to allow an Entry delay but it doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks a lot.
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

From memory I think it should be Zone 1 which is set as delay1. This is the default. You can also define what a zone does or is. This is menu option 3 in the install menu and you can then choose the zone number and then define the zone this should be menu option 4 which is delay 1. Zone 1 is this by default. You can also define exit and entry delays.
    Hope this helps.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• hughwatkins
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Oct 2013

Thanks. The problem seems intermittent.
      I've got it set up for Delay 1. But today the alarm went off immediately I opened the door. Yesterday, it worked ok and gave the entry beeps.
      Any ideas?
      Thanks

Comment

• martyn.wendon
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by hughwatkins View Post
        Thanks. The problem seems intermittent.
        I've got it set up for Delay 1. But today the alarm went off immediately I opened the door. Yesterday, it worked ok and gave the entry beeps.
        Any ideas?
        Thanks
        You don't happen to have another sensor like a PIR in the hall do you? If so, it will need setting to Delay 1 too else it may be triggering the alarm - don't ask me how I know this
        Martyn Wendon
        Vesternet
        Check out my Blog!

Comment

• hughwatkins
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Oct 2013

Solved the issue

I managed to work out the issue.

My front door sensor was set to Delay 1. But when I was using the powerlink2 website to set the alarm - I was accidentally doing Instant Arm (by clicking twice not once) not a normal Arm Away. Instant Arm removes the entry delay on a perimeter sensor. Hence the alarm was going off instantly on entry.

Hugh

Comment

Working...
          X