• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spaggy
    Automated Home Lurker
    • May 2005

X-10 Light switch? HELP A NEWB AUTOMATOR

Hi im wanting to no with the coding for a x-10 device (the letter and number) can a computer signal doo dar (thing you plug into computer to control x-10 device) do the letter all have to be the same but different numbers or can i have different numbers and lettters for more x-10 devices in my home?

Also does anyone no wer i can get a UK !!!!!UK!!!!!!! 240v light switch that luks like a proper switch (not an enormous button and not dimmer) just a switch i want the thing to be a rocker switch)

sorry i no dumb questions but im a newb :>
  • MrFluffy
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Aug 2005

Re: X-10 Light switch? HELP A NEWB AUTOMATOR

Cant help with the light switch (probally the electronics is a bit big to squeeze into a regular profile switch?), and its something my wife moaned about in the past. I ended up using stickyswitches and wireless, and running all my lights back to a din rail instead of having regular switches.
    But as for the computer bridge, no it doesnt care what housecode a device is on. I use J, K, L and M in my house (I have 35 devices all in and I had them before the newer cbus came out with its 256 max devices limit, and with x10 you are limited to 16 per housecode), but things like the marmitek x10 compatible remotes and minitimers etc can only operate on one housecode at once (in fact the minitimers are limited to devices in the 1-8 range) unless you write a macro into the computer bridge (eg if you see L4 , switch on J6) for specific cases. So if you issue a all lights off on L your lights on J for example wont go off, unless you program a macro or your pc to "forward" the request across when it "hears" the signal on the powerline.
    You can get all housecode wireless recievers and run different remotes for different areas, but that is kind of getting away from the one controller one house thing..

Comment

Working...
    X