Thread: Returning a light to it's default brightness

Automated Home Sr Member

Default Returning a light to it's default brightness

Hi all,

Is there an easy equivalent of the "auto set override to default after unoccupied" for the brightness? I have a circuit that can be turned on manually to a bright setting, but I'd like it to return to it's default brightness once the light has turned off. I can always do it with a script or logic, but I wondered if I've missed a setting somewhere.

thanks

Peter

You can use the Set Off (Output) connection of that light (triggered when light goes off) to set its own level to a scene value equivalent to the default brightness level.

Automated Home Sr Member

Thanks Karam

Automated Home Sr Member

The Set Off connection does the trick nicely. However, with a bit more prodding I'm getting some behaviour which I didn't expect.

The dimmer is set to "When someone is present and it's dark, or light timer" mode. When I trigger the ON connection the light comes on, but I was expecting the override mode to go to "Temporary ON" - it doesn't, it stays at "None". the impact of this is that the light turns off after the light timer period (which is quiete short) rather than stay on. Interestingly enough when I trigger the off connection the override changes to "Temporary OFF".

Is this expected behaviour or have I messed something up?

When you trigger the 'On' connection it is considered a 'Huristic' request. In other words 'get it on'.
    If the room is not occupied at the time the request comes in, putting it into 'Temporary On using presence' would not get it on. Where as triggering the timer does.

Might be the cause.

Viv.