Use HR80 as manual controller till new Evo out ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roydonaldson
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2013

Use HR80 as manual controller till new Evo out ?

Hi there,

Does anyone know if I can stick some HR80's onto radiators and just use the dial on them to set the setpoint manually ?

I'd like to get them physically on the radiators before the new EvoHome comes out if possible.

Roy.
  • SensibleHeatUK
    • Feb 2009

Yes, they will work as a more accurate "basic" TRV at whatever temperature you set from the dial.

You might want to look at the new HR92 instead, the redesign looks far more elegant. The last we heard from Honeywell was that it would not be available until March as there have been some production issues. You may also find it hard to get HR80s as it has been phased out in readiness for the HR92. If a supplier still has stock then fine, if not they are unlikely to get any more from Honeywell which means waiting for the HR92 in any case.
    Sensible Heat
    SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

• roydonaldson
      Automated Home Guru
      • Jan 2013

Thanks. I wanted to stick them on more to check the fit to the valves more than anything. If I need adaptors, then I have time to work out what I need and where to get them from.

Yes, the new HR92's do look nicer, but if I'm going to just control it from the EvoHome or app, then not too sure if the aesthetics will matter too much.

Roy.

Comment

• roydonaldson
        Automated Home Guru
        • Jan 2013

You wouldn't happen to have any Danfoss adapters spare or lying around. Just looked and all my valves are Danfoss and the hr80s I got didn't come with adapters

Roy

Comment

• RichardH
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Jan 2013

I have a load of the adapters that come with the HR80 controllers. How many do you need? I'll have to root around and see what I can find, but in theory I should have 12.

Comment

• roydonaldson
            Automated Home Guru
            • Jan 2013

That would be much appreciated. I have a definite need for 6 just now, but would take what you have to use later. Let me know and I can sort you out for them. It's the Danfoss RA one I need.

Roy

Comment

Working...
            X