Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Decoded - EvoHome API access to control remotely.

Automated Home Jr Member

I've implemented the fix in utc_to_local, that seems to do the job. Also, I now can't replicate the DST issue between the controllers! Must have just been a mental relapse to do with the utc_to_local not taking into account DST.

So, all is well.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    I've implemented the fix in utc_to_local, that seems to do the job. Also, I now can't replicate the DST issue between the controllers! Must have just been a mental relapse to do with the utc_to_local not taking into account DST.

So, all is well.
    It's a bit different than that. The thing is that C++ does not have a UTC version of mktime(), but it does have a UTC version of localtime() that will break up time into its individual components. The trouble in this is that this function sets the DST flag to 0 because UTC does not have DST and this needs to be reset to 'auto' (-1) prior to feeding this struct into mktime(). Because this line was missing the DST flag was wrong for current local time and mktime() corrected this by applying (reverse) DST.

Anyway, it's fixed now.

Automated Home Guru

Important update to the C++ evohomeclient

I have been made aware that there was an issue with the on-empty automatic schedule retrieval if the object is a DHW, resulting in crashing the client application. If you do or did experience such crashes, please fetch the latest version of the library from the master branch on GitHub.

Automated Home Jr Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by freeranger View Post
    Standing on the shoulders of giants here, I have pulled together things I have learned in this thread and elsewhere and knocked up a python based app "evologger".
    It is designed to be extensible and currently it supports the following:
    Freeranger, this is awesome. It completely works and I had it up and running in about an hour or two. Thank you very much!

Automated Home Jr Member clinkadink's Avatar

I have had this up and running on my Raspberry Pi now for a few months without issues. The client is great. Just wanted to say "thank you" for all your hard work. It is appreciated.

This is a standalone python script that creates a webserver on the pi, and renders any connected Evohome devices in a webpage, e.g.: http://192.168.1.123:9999/evopi

The page updates automatically every 5 minutes (adjustable in the head of the html). The zones are displayed in colour according to how close they are to their setpoint, allowing the user to quickly see what's hot and what's not.

All connection details remain in evoconfig.py (username, pw, url, port).

Photo: https://photos.app.goo.gl/WEbKFbucztaf7qIT2

Script: https://goo.gl/hVqi5a

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by clinkadink; 1st December 2017 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Updated links

Automated Home Jr Member

Hey it's me! Back again!

So I'm going to go down the road of trying to give all of you your own API keys.

Long and short of it:
    - We want to see what traffic is coming from where (in case of problems or version updates)
    - The key you're using is on a REALLY old version of the API.
    - I have a branch running of watchforstock's client now and made the version updates myself for evohomeclient2.

If you need your own key for your project, I'd really like to get you your own! Plus we have a couple of other potentially interesting features depending on how your hosting works (real time events, etc)

PM me!
    developer.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. API Evangelist. Views are my own.

Automated Home Guru

Hi. I've been following this thread sporadically (seemingly I had an account previously and forgot) but it's been going on a long time!

Is there any official page/wiki for this stuff? Because everything at the start of the thread is presumably out of date - the API has changed, different people have contributed more mature code, etc.
    If there isn't such a page, could the first post in this thread perhaps be updated with the current state of affairs... or a new one started? I don't really want to read 44 pages

With all this complicated development chatter, it seems like a dedicated EvoHome sub-forum might be nice, this forum covers so many things

I'm a developer so if I go the EvoHome route would be up for being properly involved... how much I can customise my setup is important to me before I splash out a grand or more.
    Last edited by MrBoy; 6th December 2017 at 12:22 PM.

Automated Home Legend

I see you're asking overlapping questions in multiple threads.... but.... what languages are you comfortable in ? If python is one of them, have a look at this:

https://github.com/watchforstock/evohome-client

I can post a few pieces of sample code using these bindings if you're interested.

Automated Home Guru

Yeah sorry about that. The other thread was more a "state of the union" for all various homebrew options... here I'm asking in more detail where the WebAPI project(s) are at. I know HoneyWell support them so no idea in in the last couple of years any kind of mature de facto standard project had arisen.

I'm mainly a C++/Java/C# developer but language isn't a barrier unless someone has a Haskell version

Automated Home Lurker

@ jzwack-honeywell
    I sent you a PM perhaps a month ago and have heard nothing back? Is there a more formal process to request an API key? My goal is to add an Elixir (Erlang) API library

Ta