Decoded - EvoHome API access to control remotely.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

I have wireshark here. I'll have a play over the w/e.

(I have so much traffic on my LAN it can be a pig trying to locate the correct stuff!)

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

Just realised - https - not sure that packet capture is going to be a lot of use, here....

P.

Comment

• paulockenden
        Automated Home Legend
        • Apr 2015

I've just pinged Joe Zwash via PM (so hopefully he'll get an email notification) and asked him for help here.

P.

Comment

• zcapr17
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Krejt View Post
          @Honeywell: It isn't very 2016 to have us sniff and reverse engineer your API! Please provide some information and guidance in the discussion above first, and include Evohome in your Connected Home open API program (https://developer.honeywell.com/) quickly?
          +1

I tried contacting Honeywell the other week to see if I could get some official documentation and an application Id for my SmartThings app, but all they did was direct me to this thread.

Comment

• roydonaldson
            Automated Home Guru
            • Jan 2013

Have a look at https://www.charlesproxy.com/

Use the app on iOS and set the proxy server entry field on the device to point to Charles. You may be best speaking to Honeywell though to gain access to the v2 API.

Comment

• zcapr17
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Oct 2014

FYI, the latest iOS app (4.0.9) appears to be using an applicationId of 48daa960-90f4-49df-a8eb-44e96e6ed744

Comment

• paulockenden
                Automated Home Legend
                • Apr 2015

What did you use to find that, David?

Comment

• zcapr17
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Oct 2014

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
                  What did you use to find that, David?
                  I used a dozen boogie robots...

Comment

• paulockenden
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by zcapr17 View Post
                    I used a dozen boogie robots...
                    Despicable!

Comment

• roydonaldson
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Jan 2013

I might have helped slightly.

Comment

• WiteWulf
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Mar 2016

Hi folks, just wanted to say a quick thank you to the folks who put the hard work in on this project. My evohome gear was installed last week and I've just got monitoring set up. It's little python script based on Bill M's "Dummy's Guide" that outputs setpoint and temperature readings per zone every 5 minutes to an ELK stack running on an OS X server. ELK's probably a bit of overkill for this sort of application but it's what I know and use a lot at work (and I already have a server running it for other uses).

Comment

• PaulV
                          Automated Home Lurker
                          • Jan 2016

Hi WiteWulf we will be moving to another house around August this year and are currently installing an Evohome. Could you tell me where I could find Bill M's dummy guide. I would like to setup some monitoring. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Comment

• WiteWulf
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Mar 2016

Originally posted by PaulV View Post
                            Hi WiteWulf we will be moving to another house around August this year and are currently installing an Evohome. Could you tell me where I could find Bill M's dummy guide. I would like to setup some monitoring. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
                            Right here:

Comment

• WiteWulf
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Mar 2016

Ummm...did something break this afternoon? My scripts are all failing on 'no JSON object could be decoded', and trying to bring up 'https://rs.alarmnet.com/TotalConnectComfort/WebAPI/api/Session' in a browser I get a 503 error. I was polling data quite happily until just before lunchtime.

The app on my iPhone is still working fine, though...I think that v1 API just got retired!

Times passes...

Yup! Just changed my app to use the newer urls mentioned a few pages back (tccna.honeywell.com/WebAPI/api/) and it's working again now
                              Last edited by WiteWulf; 20 April 2016, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• bmccluskey
                                Automated Home Lurker
                                • May 2016

I want to add my thanks to everyone here for the really great work that has been done. If anyone is interested I have a couple of things that may be of use to others. 1. I have created a very simple python script that pulls the zone temperatures and set points and pushes them up to Emoncms.org for graphing, recording and monitoring. I use this site to also monitor my solar, electric and gas usage. The python is only a half dozen lines long and runs on a PI.

The other thing that I have done is to translate the the backup and restore scripts to use only Windows Powershell. The only difference is that i output to a tab seperated file that can easily be opened in Excel. This lets me play with the setting in a nice easy format to copy schedules between zones etc and then re upload back into Evohome.

Comment

Working...
                                X