Decoded - EvoHome API access to control remotely.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gordonb3
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by William View Post
    My application ID is b013aa26-9724-4dbd-8897-048b9aada249.

Header:

$Header = array('Authorization:bearer ' . $_SESSION[token] ,
    'applicationId=b013aa26-9724-4dbd-8897-048b9aada249',
    'Accept=application/json, application/xml, text/json, text/x-json, text/javascript, text/xml');

Body to set HW:

$url = BASEURL . 'domesticHotWater/xxHWZONEIDxx/state';
    $Result = CURL($url, $Header, 'PUT', 'State=1&Mode=2&UntilTime='.$time, true);
    That is the newer API and it might be worth while noting that that application ID is obsolete (i.e. it also works without it).

Comment

• William
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by 03397 View Post
      Can you please pm with your code to get an idea how you r did the whole functionality?
      I tried to pm the code but it's 5 times bigger than the permitted amount (5000 chars) !

Comment

• gordonb3
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by 03397 View Post
        Thanks for your reply.

but I am getting this
        [24.02.2021] [10:54:30] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP195]: Full date 2021-02-24T11:24:30
        [24.02.2021] [10:54:31] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP195]: [ { "code": "ForbiddenParameter", "message": "'CoolSetpoint' is forbidden."
        [24.02.2021] [10:54:31] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP195]: response status: 400

I am pretty sure the there is something wrong with the values of the body but I did not manage to find anything.
        Your help will be really appreciated.
        As far as I know those parameters should work, but it might be off because you are not sending the expected format (the API likes JSON, not a URI parameter string). A second problem may be that just over a year ago they stripped some of the rights from this particular application ID. The one that I noticed is since then session renewal no longer functions and you must login again after 15 minutes have passed, but not with every request because then you will go past the session count limit.

Comment

• filbo
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Dec 2017

Hi all, I've only recently found this thread and am experimenting with the Evohome Client API which seems really easy to use, even for a newbie like me . I'm noticing recently some radiator valves seem to take a long time to re-establish connectivity with the Evohome controller after it restarts, which makes me wonder how well they are communicating generally. Based on the data coming back from the Evohome Client I'm assuming that when a sensor has a temp of 128.0 that it has failed to get a reading from that sensor. Does anyone know a way of finding the last time a sensor successfully communicated with the controller? Would be good to be able to track that to see how well each sensor is working.
          Thanks.

Comment

• zxdavb
            Automated Home Guru
            • Jan 2018

IMHO, the state-of-the-art is: https://github.com/zxdavb/ramses_rf

It will tell you everything.

You will need a HGI80, or (better) something running https://github.com/ghoti57/evofw3

...such as one of these (recommended): https://indalo-tech.onlineweb.shop/S..._21584696.aspx

Comment

• hendersonm66
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Jan 2020

Originally posted by zxdavb View Post

You will need a HGI80, or (better) something running https://github.com/ghoti57/evofw3

...such as one of these (recommended): https://indalo-tech.onlineweb.shop/S..._21584696.aspx
              Yes, I use Ramses_rf and evogateway.

c3e7f1a9d74a1fc26868bdaeb4fe2e60779ec683.jpg

Built a new display so that I can see what my Honeywell Evohome system and Gas Boiler is up to.
              Last edited by hendersonm66; 20 September 2022, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• zxdavb
                Automated Home Guru
                • Jan 2018

@hendesonm66 That's pretty impressive!

I should note that the latest version of evogateway uses ramses_rf.

For those just starting out, it may be much less complex to use ramses_cc on HA (written by me too) - it is tightly coupled with ramses_rf and both are under constant development.

Doing so will negate the need for the additional layers of MQTT, evogateway, node-red, etc.

Also, my understanding of evogateway is that it is mostly sensor-level, that is: no zone control, etc.?

For example, evohome_cc will let you do:
                - sensor faking (using a non-Honeywell room thermometer),
                - upload/download schedules (even for DHW)
                - get alerts when things go wrong (i.e. the RF gateway stops responding)

With HA, people have done this:

... and:

Comment

• filbo
                  Automated Home Lurker
                  • Dec 2017

Originally posted by zxdavb View Post

Thanks @zxdavb, need to find some time to look into that

Comment

• MikeyMan
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Nov 2020

Anyone else having issues with Evohome atm?

Since yesterday Domoticz throws some errors:

2022-10-03 14:22:45.605 Error: Domoticz(pid:25582, tid:25598('Evohome')) received fatal signal 6 (Aborted)

Comment

• gordonb3
                      Automated Home Ninja
                      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by MikeyMan View Post
                      Anyone else having issues with Evohome atm?

Since yesterday Domoticz throws some errors:

2022-10-03 14:22:45.605 Error: Domoticz(pid:25582, tid:25598('Evohome')) received fatal signal 6 (Aborted)
                      Sounds like Domoticz is crashing? No issues fetching data from the web server here.

Comment

• MikeyMan
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Nov 2020

Yet it is crashing very hard

But with hardware turned off no problem at all.

Are you also using Domoticz?

Comment

• gordonb3
                          Automated Home Ninja
                          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by MikeyMan View Post
                          Yet it is crashing very hard

But with hardware turned off no problem at all.

Are you also using Domoticz?
                          Not really. I detached my fork of Domoticz close to three years ago to save myself from the frustrating hassle of trying to communicate with the Domoticz project owner to get code updates approved. Quick check shows that the code used in Domoticz is some 40+ commits behind on my evohomeclient project which includes a change in the Evohome API key and associated required code changes (renamed fields and data formats). I suppose it is possible that Honeywell invalidated the old API key just recently as they already implied aiming to do around two years ago but I'm not real sure what response they could be generating now that would cause the older Domoticz module to crash.

Comment

• MikeyMan
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Nov 2020

I understand your frustrations. If i had the choice now, i'd probably opt for an alternative.

On this specific item though, i did manage to fix it.
                            Might help others.

Seems i've pressed a button too many and added a 'hot water' steering.
                            Took a while to figure it out. But it was fixed quite simple.

I've deleted the installation from mytotalconnectcomfort.
                            Somehow at the moment the login is only available in UK and Ireland. But it works.

There i've deleted and re-added the installation. Everything is working fine now.

Comment

• gordonb3
                              Automated Home Ninja
                              • Dec 2016

So the old key still works?

Don't really know about the hot water device (`DHW`). I don't have one myself but I know people have been running the EvohomeWeb module with DHW for quite some time. Reason that I know is because I was granted access to one such user's totalconnect account because initially there was indeed a problem with the part of the code that processed the DHW info.

Comment

• MikeyMan
                                Automated Home Jr Member
                                • Nov 2020

So it seems. No issues anymore at the moment. But it's a ticking timebomb it seems ;-)

Will have a look at your project. And/or switch to NodeRed.

Comment

Working...
                                X