Decoded - EvoHome API access to control remotely.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gordonb3
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2016

v1 API does not use oauth.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by gordonb3 View Post
      I was wrong in my earlier reply. This is in fact the older (v1) API but it depends on the application ID whether functions are accessible.

Reason for me rechecking BTW is that Honeywell appears to have changed something to the API, at least for this particular Application ID. Session keep-alive no longer functions and I have a feeing that this may be related to a recent email in which they told me that there is an updated version of the phone app. By inserting this annoyance they appear to want to give people an extra push that they should update. The big question here is: does this mean that they will be invalidating this Application ID somewhere in the near future?
      The phone app does not use the V1 API and hasn't for a long time, so I don't quite follow the reasoning that a change to the V1 API would be related to an update to the app.

Also, I've just checked my python client for the V1 API which has support for saving and reusing session state without reauthenticating and it is still definitely working.

I can perform a query which goes through a full authentication and saves the session state, then deliberately fudge the password and run it again and it retreives valid results - this proves that the second poll used the saved session state and did not rely on using the password.

It's possible that the amount of time the session remains valid (previously 15 minutes) has changed - my client does not have any hard coded delay, if it has a saved session it always tries to use it and if it fails it then falls back to full username and password authentication automatically and saves the newly aquired session state.

In my application I call the API every 5 minutes and that seems to be frequently enough that it can perpetually use the saved session and almost never reauthenticate.
      Last edited by DBMandrake; 14 December 2019, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• gordonb3
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Dec 2016

v1 API never had something like a "session state". As long as you kept polling the API within the assigned ID's expiration time the server would reset the timer. As such, from the client side it was static and did not require any special actions to keep the session alive. I'm unsure when it changed, I don't really watch the system every minute or even every day, but currently the session is ended after 15 minutes from when it was started, regardless of how recent the last call you made has been.

Edit: renewal of v1 sessions started failing last Thursday (12/12) around 8:19 CET (the session was ended by 8:35).
        Last edited by gordonb3; 15 December 2019, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• philchillbill
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2017

v1 API never had something like a "session state". As long as you kept polling the API within the assigned ID's expiration time the server would reset the timer. As such, from the client side it was static and did not require any special actions to keep the session alive. I'm unsure when it changed, I don't really watch the system every minute or even every day, but currently the session is ended after 15 minutes from when it was started, regardless of how recent the last call you made has been.

Edit: renewal of v1 sessions started failing last Thursday (12/12) around 8:19 CET (the session was ended by 8:35).
          So for clarity, they only seem to be faffing around with v1 and not (yet) with v2?

Comment

• gordonb3
            Automated Home Ninja
            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by philchillbill View Post
            So for clarity, they only seem to be faffing around with v1 and not (yet) with v2?
            At least for ApplicationID 91db1612-73fd-4500-91b2-e63b069b185c, yes.

Comment

Automated Home Jr Member
              • Oct 2005

Guys I am trying to make the hot water controls to work but no joy.(this is in lua portion code).
              I have managed to get the temp for Heating, Hot Water and control the Heating.
              I am using the api v1.
              Tbe end point i am using for controlling the Hot water is

with these headers
              headers = {
              ["sessionId"] = sessionId,
              ["Content-Type"] = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded",
              ["Accept"] = "*/*"

but I am not sure about the body.
              Can someone indicate which body shall I use for controlling the hot water and if the endpoint is correct?

Comment

• gordonb3
                Automated Home Ninja
                • Dec 2016

Originally posted by 03397 View Post
                Guys I am trying to make the hot water controls to work but no joy.(this is in lua portion code).
                I have managed to get the temp for Heating, Hot Water and control the Heating.
                I am using the api v1.
                Tbe end point i am using for controlling the Hot water is

with these headers
                headers = {
                ["Accept"] = "*/*"

but I am not sure about the body.
                Can someone indicate which body shall I use for controlling the hot water and if the endpoint is correct?
                That will depend on the action you are trying to push and I think there are plenty of existing implementations that explain better what should be in the body than I could do here in some format that you may or may not be able to follow.

The API is documented here: https://mytotalconnectcomfort.com/WebApi/Help/LogIn (use your application ID in the top form entry to login)

Example implementations:
                - https://github.com/watchforstock/evohome-client (python)
                - https://github.com/gordonb3/evohomeclient (c++)
                - https://github.com/reines/evohome-client (java)

Comment

Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Oct 2005

That will depend on the action you are trying to push and I think there are plenty of existing implementations that explain better what should be in the body than I could do here in some format that you may or may not be able to follow.

The API is documented here: https://mytotalconnectcomfort.com/WebApi/Help/LogIn (use your application ID in the top form entry to login)

Example implementations:
                  - https://github.com/watchforstock/evohome-client (python)
                  - https://github.com/gordonb3/evohomeclient (c++)
                  - https://github.com/reines/evohome-client (java)

Thanks for your reply.
                  I have found these and I have based my code on this. Everything is working except the control of hot water.
                  What I am trying to do here is to turn on the hot water for a specified amount of time.
                  The API documentation does not have an explanation for the hot water.

I have this code(based on the links) LUA
                  HWStatus= "Temporary"
                  HWMode= "DHWOn"
                  getEpochTime=os.time(os.date("*t"))+addedTime
                  HWNextTime=os.date("%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S", getEpochTime)
                  HWSpecialModes=""
                  HWHeatSetpoint=""
                  HWCoolSetpoint=""
                  self:debug("Full date", HWNextTime)
                  local requestBody = "Status=" .. HWStatus .. "&Mode=" .. HWMode .. "&NextTime=" .. HWNextTime .. "&SpecialModes=" .. HWSpecialModes .. "&HeatSetpoint=" .. HWHeatSetpoint .. "&CoolSetpoint=" .. HWCoolSetpoint
                  self.http:request("https://mytotalconnectcomfort.com/WebApi/api/devices/xxZONEIDxx/thermostat/changeableValues/", {
                  options = {
                  data = requestBody,
                  method = "PUT",
                  headers = {
                  ["Accept"] = "*/*"
                  }

but I am getting this
                  [24.02.2021] [10:54:30] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP195]: Full date 2021-02-24T11:24:30
                  [24.02.2021] [10:54:31] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP195]: [ { "code": "ForbiddenParameter", "message": "'CoolSetpoint' is forbidden."
                  [24.02.2021] [10:54:31] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP195]: response status: 400

I am pretty sure the there is something wrong with the values of the body but I did not manage to find anything.
                  Your help will be really appreciated.

Comment

• William
                    Automated Home Lurker
                    • Dec 2016

Hi, I think the HW device is not thermostat but dometicHotWater.

I use this endpoint to control the HW:

"https://tccna.honeywell.com/WebAPI/emea/api/v1/domesticHotWater/xxZONEIDxx/state/"

Comment

Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by William View Post
                      Hi, I think the HW device is not thermostat but dometicHotWater.

I use this endpoint to control the HW:

"https://tccna.honeywell.com/WebAPI/emea/api/v1/domesticHotWater/xxZONEIDxx/state/"
                      Which application id is this? I use 91db1612-73fd-4500-91b2-e63b069b185c
                      Can you please post the headers and the body of your request?

Comment

Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Oct 2005

I am getting unauthorized so I guess you are using a different application id.

Comment

• William
                          Automated Home Lurker
                          • Dec 2016

My application ID is b013aa26-9724-4dbd-8897-048b9aada249.

Header:

$Header = array('Authorization:bearer ' . $_SESSION[token] ,
                          'applicationId=b013aa26-9724-4dbd-8897-048b9aada249',
                          'Accept=application/json, application/xml, text/json, text/x-json, text/javascript, text/xml');

Body to set HW:

$url = BASEURL . 'domesticHotWater/xxHWZONEIDxx/state';
                          $Result = CURL($url, $Header, 'PUT', 'State=1&Mode=2&UntilTime='.$time, true);

Comment

Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Oct 2005

My application ID is b013aa26-9724-4dbd-8897-048b9aada249.

Header:

$Header = array('Authorization:bearer ' . $_SESSION[token] ,
                            'applicationId=b013aa26-9724-4dbd-8897-048b9aada249',
                            'Accept=application/json, application/xml, text/json, text/x-json, text/javascript, text/xml');

Body to set HW:

$url = BASEURL . 'domesticHotWater/xxHWZONEIDxx/state';
                            $Result = CURL($url, $Header, 'PUT', 'State=1&Mode=2&UntilTime='.$time, true);
                            Yes I thought so. Different application id. I cannot use endpoint with the application id. I need to rewrite my code.
                            Do you have any idea if the application id I have supports hot water?
                            I have found out that it is supported. Can you please give me any help on this using my application id?

Comment

• William
                              Automated Home Lurker
                              • Dec 2016

Yes I thought so. Different application id. I cannot use endpoint with the application id. I need to rewrite my code.
                              Do you have any idea if the application id I have supports hot water?
                              I have found out that it is supported. Can you please give me any help on this using my application id?
                              Sorry, can't help you as this is the only application ID I use and have experience with.

Comment

Automated Home Jr Member
                                • Oct 2005

Sorry, can't help you as this is the only application ID I use and have experience with.
                                Can you please pm with your code to get an idea how you r did the whole functionality?

Comment

Working...
                                X