Decoded - EvoHome API access to control remotely.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gordonb3
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2016

I have a feeling Joe left the company and one of his last actions was to give all the developers their own API key. I actually got an email myself, instructing me to go to some web folder that required me to authenticate using a Microsoft Live account, which doesn't really work for me as I'm more of a Linux guy. I emailed and I did PM him months ago about the issue I had getting to the information that was meant for me, but same as you no response.

I'm okay with it though. The code works. The way I see it, it is most likely more of an issue for Honeywell that they can't see what type of application is connecting to their service.

Comment

• zxdavb
      Automated Home Guru
      • Jan 2018

I have run an HTTPS/SSL debugger against the Android app, and I see no evidence for server-side events (SSE). In fact, the app just polls the honeywell servers every 30 seconds! (FWIW, I can also see the app request outside temp from api.openweathermap.org)

My suspicion is that the evohome controller is also polling!

Does anyone know of any SSE api? Or even delayed poll-response?

Comment

• philchillbill
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2017

Over a year since the last post here so time to revive. Does anybody know the difference between the Honeywell 'Home' API and the TCC API? The Evohome app on iOS has a splash screen that brands it as Honeywell Home but the API webpage does not mention Evohome as falling under 'Home'. Such clarity !

Any idea how to get an API-key these days? Emails to HoneywellAPISupport@honeywell.com are ignored.

Comment

• gordonb3
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by philchillbill View Post
          Over a year since the last post here so time to revive. Does anybody know the difference between the Honeywell 'Home' API and the TCC API? The Evohome app on iOS has a splash screen that brands it as Honeywell Home but the API webpage does not mention Evohome as falling under 'Home'. Such clarity !

Any idea how to get an API-key these days? Emails to HoneywellAPISupport@honeywell.com are ignored.
          Interesting....

I have Honeywell Home app installed on my Android phone but the icon matches the TCC app. In fact, Play Store informs me that I have the TCC app installed, not Home like the local App-info screen shows me. It would appear that Honeywell changed the name and then re-used the old name for their Lyric product range.

Comment

• philchillbill
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2017

New TotalConnectedComfort WebAPI ?

I've discovered an official Total Connect Comfort API that's actually targeted towards Evohome and not Honeywell Home. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in posts here so it's likely new (the page I'm looking at is dated Sept 17, 2019). I accessed it via https://mytotalconnectcomfort.com/WebApi/Help/LogIn and took the first login option there which just needs an ApplicationID. I used 91db1612-73fd-4500-91b2-e63b069b185c and got in no problem. In particular, the docs around the oauth flow would indicate that some effort has been put into this. There's an Access Control List concept, for example. Maybe this is the new API that jzwack eluded to in 2017 before going AWOL?

Screenshot 2019-10-27 at 09.44.25.jpg

I have not played with it yet but there does seem to be quite some new functionality in there - the docs mention a LiveFeed API call that "Subscribes client to LiveFeed Streaming notifications."

Screenshot 2019-10-27 at 09.42.35.jpg

Have at it !

Comment

• paulockenden
              Automated Home Legend
              • Apr 2015

Looks American - talks about furnaces and cooling. I suspect this is for one of the North American products rather than Evohome, but it would be nice if I'm wrong!

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jul 2014

Isnt this the same as what we have seen previously at https://tccna.honeywell.com/WebApi/Help/LogIn

Comment

• gordonb3
                  Automated Home Ninja
                  • Dec 2016

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                  Isnt this the same as what we have seen previously at https://tccna.honeywell.com/WebApi/Help/LogIn
                  Same page, yes. Does not look related to Evohome as it does not contain any of the known working URIs from evohomeclient. The login screen also does not accept the (older) application ID in use by evohomeclient.

Comment

• philchillbill
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jan 2017

Sorry for the false alarm

Comment

• William
                      Automated Home Lurker
                      • Dec 2016

I've devoloped a web based app for managing my evohome system. Everything is working OK except for setting a daily schedule for the DHW - I been searching all morning but I can't find the correct JSON code to do this and my current code just sets all setpoints to OFF for the DHW, does anyone know how to do it?

Currently using:

schedule += '{"TimeOfDay" : "' + time + '","TargetTemperature" : "' + temp + '"},\n';

and I've tried this:

schedule += '{"TimeOfDay" : "' + time + '","TargetTemperature" : "' + temp + '","Status" : "On"},\n';

but no joy!

Comment

• William
                        Automated Home Lurker
                        • Dec 2016

DHW Scheduling Issue Resolved

Eventually managed to get DHW scheduling to work using the following URL and JSON coding:

URL:

JSON:
                        { "DailySchedules": [ { "DayOfWeek": 0 ,"Switchpoints": } [
                        [{"TimeOfDay" : "7:0:00","dhwState" : "On"},
                        {"TimeOfDay" : "8:0:00","dhwState" : "Off"},
                        ]]]}

Happy days

Comment

• gordonb3
                          Automated Home Ninja
                          • Dec 2016

I've discovered an official Total Connect Comfort API that's actually targeted towards Evohome and not Honeywell Home. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in posts here so it's likely new (the page I'm looking at is dated Sept 17, 2019). I accessed it via https://mytotalconnectcomfort.com/WebApi/Help/LogIn and took the first login option there which just needs an ApplicationID. I used 91db1612-73fd-4500-91b2-e63b069b185c and got in no problem. In particular, the docs around the oauth flow would indicate that some effort has been put into this. There's an Access Control List concept, for example. Maybe this is the new API that jzwack eluded to in 2017 before going AWOL?
                          I was wrong in my earlier reply. This is in fact the older (v1) API but it depends on the application ID whether functions are accessible.

Reason for me rechecking BTW is that Honeywell appears to have changed something to the API, at least for this particular Application ID. Session keep-alive no longer functions and I have a feeing that this may be related to a recent email in which they told me that there is an updated version of the phone app. By inserting this annoyance they appear to want to give people an extra push that they should update. The big question here is: does this mean that they will be invalidating this Application ID somewhere in the near future?

Comment

• philchillbill
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by gordonb3 View Post
                            I was wrong in my earlier reply. This is in fact the older (v1) API but it depends on the application ID whether functions are accessible.

Reason for me rechecking BTW is that Honeywell appears to have changed something to the API, at least for this particular Application ID. Session keep-alive no longer functions and I have a feeing that this may be related to a recent email in which they told me that there is an updated version of the phone app. By inserting this annoyance they appear to want to give people an extra push that they should update. The big question here is: does this mean that they will be invalidating this Application ID somewhere in the near future?
                            Did anybody from this or the Domoticz community ever succeed in getting an official appID from Honeywell? Or are we still collectively relying on one packet-sniffed years ago?

Comment

• gordonb3
                              Automated Home Ninja
                              • Dec 2016

Did anybody from this or the Domoticz community ever succeed in getting an official appID from Honeywell? Or are we still collectively relying on one packet-sniffed years ago?
                              Shamefully, no. Joe did set something up for me a few years back, but the contact that was supposed to get me the information didn't send it to me straight but uploaded it to some Microsoft drive that I was unable to connect to (probably because as a Linux user I did not have a Microsoft account and creating it afterwards doesn't grant you the access to what was shared with you earlier).

Should also note that the offered Application ID would have been for the v2 API only. This is sufficient for Domoticz to monitor and control your installation. The v1 API is only used to (optionally) retrieve a better temperature resolution than the 0.5 degrees C from the v2 API.

Comment

• philchillbill
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Jan 2017

Originally posted by gordonb3 View Post
                                Shamefully, no. Joe did set something up for me a few years back, but the contact that was supposed to get me the information didn't send it to me straight but uploaded it to some Microsoft drive that I was unable to connect to (probably because as a Linux user I did not have a Microsoft account and creating it afterwards doesn't grant you the access to what was shared with you earlier).

Should also note that the offered Application ID would have been for the v2 API only. This is sufficient for Domoticz to monitor and control your installation. The v1 API is only used to (optionally) retrieve a better temperature resolution than the 0.5 degrees C from the v2 API.
                                I think v2 is better anyway because it also supports schedule editing whereas v1 does not (IIRC). When you say that session keep-alive is no longer working, do you mean that the oauth tokens are immediately invalidated after use and that a full re-logon is required, or what exactly do you mean? I just tried about 10 quick successive API accesses for zone data as a test, and all re-used the token successfully. I'm actually working on a very extended Evohome Alexa skill that will support scenes, multiple schedules by name (summer/winter/days/nights) and editing schedule by voice. I'd really hate if the appID was pulled...

Comment

Working...
                                X