Decoded - EvoHome API access to control remotely.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roydonaldson
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2013

Mine doesn't display outdoor temperature

Comment

• SteveP
      Automated Home Guru
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by rcopus View Post
      I don't get the outside temperature displaying on mine at all. I'm starting to wonder whether the gateway and main controller are supposed to do this, however it is clearly stated in the Honeywell brochure.

Can anyone else confirm whether theirs does this or not?
      I have a support call into Honeywell on this as I just get dashes where the temperature should be. They have escalated to their technical team. I have prompted them this evening for an update. Will report back.

Comment

• Rameses
        Industry Expert
        • Nov 2014

Steve. Are you an installer? There were some early beta units which were given out in trials which had this. However this was removed in the final product. The only way an external temp would be seen was if the external sensor is bound in/enabled

Sensor is HB85
        Last edited by Rameses; 27 November 2014, 01:05 AM.
        getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• Rameses
          Industry Expert
          • Nov 2014

reply to Roy

It shouldn't. Even if it did it would be information purposes only. The system has no need to know outside temp to work well. See my other recent post in forum explaining.
          getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• SteveP
            Automated Home Guru
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
            Steve. Are you an installer? There were some early beta units which were given out in trials which had this. However this was removed in the final product. The only way an external temp would be seen was if the external sensor is bound in/enabled

Sensor is HB85
            Hi - No I am not an installer just a humble consumer. I only bought the unit online from a plumbers merchant 2 weeks ago. Before I connected the unit to the Gateway there was no Outside temp label showing on the main screen. When I connected the gateway it appeared but with the "Outside --". As the earlier post says, the brochure refers to the temperature display with the following text which I also saw in the online brochure When connected to the internet, via the remote access gateway, the evohome controller is able to display external temperatures
            If that has been superseded then that would explain why there is no value in the field but I certainly wasn't aware I had a Beta unit. How would I check?

Comment

• Rameses
              Industry Expert
              • Nov 2014

Can you please direct message me with your contact details. I would also like to get hold of the serial number and details on the 'base stand of your evohome please.

Comment

• Fursty Ferret
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by BenS1 View Post
                One thought I had was that I could assume that the boiler is being fired if the current temperature in any zone is lower than the requested temperature, however I don't think this is very accurate because if it works anything like my current CM907 thermostat then it takes things such as thermo momentum into account and cuts the boiler off before the room actually reaches the exact desired temperature (Because if knows the rooms will continue to warm up because the radiators are still hot)
                This is how I did it in an early version of my Windows Phone app but took it out because I considered it inaccurate. I wanted to track how often the boiler was firing (using it in an S-plan results in the boiler firing for 45 seconds at a time when a radiator decides it wants a tiny bit more heat). AFAIK there's no way to get a BDR91 relay state through the gateway with the current API.

Comment

• Rameses
                  Industry Expert
                  • Nov 2014

Steve - Verified - you have a current unit- with current FW - so all ok - but inside the settings menu you have enabled the outdoor function when bound with a sensor - got to advanced settings (hold settings for 5 seconds> system devices >outdoor sensor - click on no outdoor sensor - this will remove the "outdoor" on the front of your display.

Comment

• SteveP
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
                    Steve - Verified - you have a current unit- with current FW - so all ok - but inside the settings menu you have enabled the outdoor function when bound with a sensor - got to advanced settings (hold settings for 5 seconds> system devices >outdoor sensor - click on no outdoor sensor - this will remove the "outdoor" on the front of your display.
                    Whew I was a bit worried I had bought a dodgy unit ! I hadn't realised I had set that as there was no outside sensor so didn't think it would activate anything. I will update. Thanks for your speedy assistance :-)

Comment

• stevedaniels
                      Automated Home Lurker
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by magga View Post
                      I've made a few new updates to my web app, once again thanks to everyone who has provided code and help me get to where I've got to! I've had to put a PIN on it as I was seeing the settings being changed and the other half was complaining!
                      Wow, that looks great! I've got a ******** (apparently, vbulletin thinks the word starting with p that means a woman has a bun in the oven is not allowed..) wife who'd just love to have this interface available, saving money, controlling the temperature of our daughter and future son's rooms from any old web device would be great.

What is your day job? It all looks very professional.

Is there any chance this is going to be released on GitHub any time soon? I'd love to get access/contribute. This is something I'd really use!

Steve
                      Last edited by stevedaniels; 1 December 2014, 04:42 PM. Reason: Explained silly starred out word.

Comment

• Conseils
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Nov 2014

Hi,
                        you can use the Apps for Andriod and Ios, I have both and they work well. My wife loves the App for her Samsung S3.

For me it all lacked hard data, wider integration and flexibility. So I have been beating up some scripts based on the work in this forum. I hope to have it stable before Christmas. The database needs another iteration, it's currently very quick and dirty.

I have pulled the layout from magga, some of my own graphics and created some of my own scripts. With grateful thanks to everyone here (saving money, see below).
                        My schedule layout is nasty at the moment, HTML style like this is essentially new ground to me.

My stuff has been logging for about two weeks continuously now.
                        So far found a faulty (read cheap) valve that was not closing properly and optimised the heating somewhat around the house based on how we use it. So we are more comfortable and saving money! P.S. I have multiple HR80UK's in some zones, so more exciting than it looks and more units to buy. I will get to twelve zones eventually.

Below are some pics. I will try to post an update around December 23rd.

The forum image posting did not seem to work

Cheers.
                        Last edited by Conseils; 1 December 2014, 11:05 PM. Reason: Forum image posting not rendering.

Comment

• Otto-Mate
                          Founder
                          • Jan 2004

Thanks for the update Conseils. I've posted images below for the future.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
                          Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
                          www.twitter.com/ottomate
                          www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• rustyx
                            • Dec 2014

The Honewell API is of course very nice, but is unreliable (service is often down) and it obviously requires an Internet connection.
                            So I was wondering if anyone investigated if there's any way to access the evohome system without an Internet connection?
                            Does the RFG100 expose any local service that I can reach via the local subnet? If not, can it be made to? Especially a local web access would have been a great addition to the functionality.

Comment

• courcirc8
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Dec 2014

Originally posted by rustyx View Post
                              The Honewell API is of course very nice, but is unreliable (service is often down) and it obviously requires an Internet connection.
                              So I was wondering if anyone investigated if there's any way to access the evohome system without an Internet connection?
                              Does the RFG100 expose any local service that I can reach via the local subnet? If not, can it be made to? Especially a local web access would have been a great addition to the functionality.
                              Not already but I ordered the HGI80 to link it with domoticz for evohome
                              evohome extensions for Domoticz. Contribute to fullTalgoRythm/Domoticz-evohome development by creating an account on GitHub.

Will keep you updated

Comment

• Conseils
                                Automated Home Jr Member
                                • Nov 2014

I believe the service went down before Christmas, and was very unreliable (for a couple of days) just before that! I assume technical issues or service of systems.
                                The service was definitely down, as their own Apps via separate route to the internet did not function.
                                Currently I don't know where, if anywhere, they make a statement on current service status.

Last 7 day 24 hour availability I have is 99.4% logged.

The last 0.6% could be:
                                server availability
                                route availability
                                my code
                                Raspberry PI dropping its wifi connection (fix is applied)
                                my internet connection

I know where my money is... . Though I would prefer not to make the long haul over the net, to obviate the type of issue experienced just before Christmas.
                                Last edited by Conseils; 7 January 2015, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X