Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast

Thread: Decoded - EvoHome API access to control remotely.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    Some help please...

Either I've missed it or it doesn't exist anywhere in any of the returned data.

I'm looking for the DomesticHotWater required temperature (aka Setpoint). The Current Temp is no problem.
    It's in the Wifi Controllers System Settings.
    Obviously it's not something you're going to change every 30 mins, but I'm looking for 'completeness' of the returned data.

TIA.
    The only thing I can think of the is minCoolSetpoint variable, plus the minHeatSetpoint variable. I've not had chance to see yet, but I'm wondering if these will change with the setting of the hot water. I've got mine set to 55C with 5C variation, which works out to what those are set. Also looking at min/max setings on HR92's, it does look to tally with those aswell? Worth a punt...

Automated Home Sr Member

My numbers for DHW are:

"minHeatSetpoint": 5.0000,
    "maxHeatSetpoint": 30.0000,
    "minCoolSetpoint": 50.0000,
    "maxCoolSetpoint": 90.0000,
    "changeableValues": {
    "mode": "DHWOn",
    "status": "Scheduled"
    },
    "scheduleCapable": false,
    "vacationHoldChangeable": false,
    "vacationHoldCancelable": false,
    "scheduleHeatSp": 0.0000,
    "scheduleCoolSp": 0.0000

And I'm set for 60/2 C

So the numbers are different from yours, but not what mine are set to. So they are used for "something"...

Anybody else got any clues?

Automated Home Jr Member

I'm trying to check, I'm having a hard time finding a test account with a DHW zone on it.
    developer.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. API Evangelist. Views are my own.

Automated Home Jr Member

At this moment the Total Connect servers and the API are down for maintenance. The evohomeclient spits an error "No JSON object could be decoded" everytime you try to read the temperatures. Can't something be made in the client to handle that error and/or this situation where the servers are down a little more gracefull?

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/home/pi/Evohome/evospeak.py", line 105, in <module>
    main()
    File "/home/pi/Evohome/evospeak.py", line 62, in main
    client = EvohomeClient(EVOHOMELOGIN,EVOHOMEPASS)
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/evohomeclient2/__init__.py", line 18, in __init__
    self._login()
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/evohomeclient2/__init__.py", line 69, in _login
    self.access_token = self._convert(r.text)['access_token']
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/evohomeclient2/base.py", line 32, in _convert
    return json.loads(object)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 338, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 366, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode
    raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
    ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
    Evohomeclient temperatures on ThingSpeak: https://thingspeak.com/channels/79213

Automated Home Jr Member

Two things:

1) The constant offline notifications should be gone or greatly reduced. Someone feel free to tell me if that's not the case. We fixed something late US time yesterday.

2) Yep, it's offline right now. API requests should be returning a 503 HTTP status code but we return HTML in the response body along with that (the offline page) so you could trigger from the status code.
    developer.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. API Evangelist. Views are my own.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Krejt View Post
    At this moment the Total Connect servers and the API are down for maintenance. The evohomeclient spits an error "No JSON object could be decoded" everytime you try to read the temperatures. Can't something be made in the client to handle that error and/or this situation where the servers are down a little more gracefull?

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/home/pi/Evohome/evospeak.py", line 105, in <module>
    main()
    File "/home/pi/Evohome/evospeak.py", line 62, in main
    client = EvohomeClient(EVOHOMELOGIN,EVOHOMEPASS)
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/evohomeclient2/__init__.py", line 18, in __init__
    self._login()
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/evohomeclient2/__init__.py", line 69, in _login
    self.access_token = self._convert(r.text)['access_token']
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/evohomeclient2/base.py", line 32, in _convert
    return json.loads(object)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 338, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 366, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode
    raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
    ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
    It's really up to you as the caller to the library to catch the exception and do your own error handing, for example:

https://github.com/Infern1/evohome-m...79ec361aee4774

Automated Home Lurker

Hi rotor I have just purchased a Raspberry Pi 2 with some thing like this in mind, although i have no knowledge of Python i am very keen to learn. This is the sort of project i have in mind. Could you please let me know when you have it all set up.

many thanks

Automated Home Sr Member

@Joe (Honeywell)

Anything on the DHW setpoint temp yet?

Also, any chance to find out why the HR92s always report "Off" and why the correct data cannot be returned via the API?

Many thanks in advance....

Automated Home Lurker

I'm recently installed evoHome in our house for 4 UFH and 6 radiator zones plus the hot water bolt on. It's working fairly well but I'm disappointed in the lack of graphs showing actual vs desired vs heat demand hence my interest in the API.

It's great to see the hard work already gone into understanding the API and it was therefore easy for me to get the PHP clients et al pulling down data for my install.

However I'm unable to find data points which indicate 1) if a particular zone is calling for heat (which you don't see visually on the central controller either) and 2) an indication if the zone is in "Optimised Start" mode e.g. its starting heating in advance of a set point to ensure that set point is meet? Neither data is shown in the iOS app either.

I'm looking at data returned from the "https://tccna.honeywell.com/WebAPI/emea/api/v1/location/[loc]/status?includeTemperatureControlSystems=True" call.

Anyone find a way to obtain or derive the above two data points?

Thanks in advance

Automated Home Legend

I think the general consensus is that heat demand and optimal start information is not available through the Web API, and only a software update on the controller would ever make that possible.

If you were monitoring the wireless traffic between devices with an HCI80 then theoretically the heat demand of each zone thermostat would be available however optimal start information would not because zone thermostats just see that as a set point change occurring earlier than it otherwise would. They have no knowledge in the over the air protocol of why that set point changed and whether it might be earlier than a scheduled time.