Decoded - EvoHome API access to control remotely.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andehh
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2015

Having followed this with great interest, has there been any further progress?

Comment

• PaulB
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by wg100 View Post
      Are you willing or able to detail how you went about graphing your heat output/demand for a programming virgin? Really frustrated that Honeywell aren't able to provide this out of the box.
      Hi sorry not been on for a while. Graphite is the hardest part of the setup to be honest, but if you follow the install instructions provided via the project (which I did for the initial graphite setup), you should be able to go from there:

I then use Grafana as the front end (just gives me better looking dashboards)

Grafana is the open source analytics & monitoring solution for every database.

It's a bit complex, but should be doable. As for the scripts I put together, it was a combination of what's on here & a bash script wrapping up the function to put the metrics into graphite. I'll have a go at stripping down the scripts I have to just do the evohome stats, and get them on here when I can.

Comment

• PaulB
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Sep 2015

Has anyone called the API data when using the new firmware on the WiFi controller? Interested to know whether it now lists when heat demand is now sent to the boiler (via either individual HR92 or the CS92? At the moment, the CS92 shows when the hot water is on via the timed schedule and not by temperature activation during this, and the HR92 shows no mode switch when demanding heat.

These are something I could *really* do with...

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
          Has anyone called the API data when using the new firmware on the WiFi controller? Interested to know whether it now lists when heat demand is now sent to the boiler (via either individual HR92 or the CS92? At the moment, the CS92 shows when the hot water is on via the timed schedule and not by temperature activation during this, and the HR92 shows no mode switch when demanding heat.

These are something I could *really* do with...
          I have had the new firmware on my Evotouch Wi-fi for a couple of weeks and I am also graphing it as well using the evohome-python bindings here: (just set points and measured temperatures though)

If it's possible to check this using the python bindings I can do that for you if you give me a hint in the right direction...(I'm not sure whether these python bindings can access the fields you're after ?)
          Last edited by DBMandrake; 5 January 2016, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Inferno
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
            Hi All,

New evohome user and being a techy of course I had to graph my temperatures, especially with winter approaching

After looking at a few different options I've set up munin with a modified version of Infernos munin plugin, which uses watchforstock's evohome python library, all running on a disused Raspberry Pi

One thing I immediately noticed is that I was getting a lot of gaps in my graphs and doing a little bit of debugging directly with some python code calling watchforstock's libraries I realised the issue is nothing local but rather that approximately 20-30% of the calls to the servers are failing with HTTP 500 errors...

Thanks a lot for the pull request, merged your changes and will update my own plugin to see any changes

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Inferno View Post
              Thanks a lot for the pull request, merged your changes and will update my own plugin to see any changes
              Thanks.

I've been running this for a couple of weeks now and it's been working perfectly for me - the only gaps in the graph I've had is when I've had to turn the power off in the house while wiring up some lights...

For your own installed copy of the script you might want to revert the change to the category name though as I think this would create a new set of graphs in munin rather than use your existing graph data ? The new category name makes sense for new installs like mine though.

Comment

• Gudge
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Dec 2015

is there anything available to non-programmers such as myself for viewing graphs of our systems ?

Comment

• Inferno
                  Automated Home Lurker
                  • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Gudge View Post
                  is there anything available to non-programmers such as myself for viewing graphs of our systems ?
                  I would say the munin solution is usable for non programmers.
                  Don't expect a fancy install, with: "just press some buttons..."

Just google for munin and see what it does, runs on a raspberrypi, so not expensive

Comment

• Gudge
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Inferno View Post
                    I would say the munin solution is usable for non programmers.
                    Don't expect a fancy install, with: "just press some buttons..."

Just google for munin and see what it does, runs on a raspberrypi, so not expensive
                    thanks, will take a look.

Comment

• PaulB
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Sep 2015

I have had the new firmware on my Evotouch Wi-fi for a couple of weeks and I am also graphing it as well using the evohome-python bindings here: (just set points and measured temperatures though)

If it's possible to check this using the python bindings I can do that for you if you give me a hint in the right direction...(I'm not sure whether these python bindings can access the fields you're after ?)
                      I don't use that API, but I do have a python script calling the json from 'https://rs.alarmnet.com/TotalConnectComfort/WebAPI/api/locations?userId=%s&allData=True'. The parts I am referencing are these:

For the CS92, under 'devices -> thermostat -> allowedModes', the following variables are specified:
                      DHWOn
                      DHWOff

Now when the hot water schedule is active, the mode under the following location changes to reflect this:

'devices -> thermostat -> changeableValues -> mode'

So when the timer schedule is 'On' then the variable changes to DHWOn, and when off, goes to DHWOff respectively.

As for the HR92's, the exact same locations exist, but the variables are as follows:

Heat
                      Off

However, when a zone is demanding heat, the changeableValues -> mode value always remains set to 'Off'. There is no visible indication in the JSON which is returned to indicate whether a zone is demanding heat or not.

What I'm wondering, was whether the json results since the new firmware actually indicate now when a zone is demanding heat, so when below setpoint the zone is requesting heat from the boiler.

Also in relation to the hot water, not just a case of it saying DHWOn or DHWOff to the timed schedule, but again, actually showing points where the heat demand is on or off.

Ideally I'd like the ability to see the state of the BDR91's, as I can then somewhat match demand for when these are active, to the setpoint triggers of each zone, but the json returns no such data in relation to the BDR91 units

Comment

• Caesium
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Oct 2015

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
                        What I'm wondering, was whether the json results since the new firmware actually indicate now when a zone is demanding heat, so when below setpoint the zone is requesting heat from the boiler.
                        No, it doesn't

Comment

• nico
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Oct 2015

Hi everyone, is it possible to use the new Public API (https://developer.honeywell.com) with EvoHome??

Comment

• nico
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Oct 2015

Python API doesn't work anymore, I receive an SSLError, you?

Comment

• DBMandrake
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Sep 2014

Which Python API version are you using ?

V1 API still working fine for me...

Comment

• nico
                                Automated Home Jr Member
                                • Oct 2015

V1. I was testing some custom scripts to set temperatures, maybe they have banned my account? iPhone app still working fine
                                Which Python API version are you using ?
                                V1 API still working fine for me...

Comment

Working...
                                X