Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: Decoded - EvoHome API access to control remotely.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    By the way, be wary about displaying things like room temperatures, electricity consumption etc. on publicly accessible websites. It makes it very easy for rogues and scoundrels to see when you're away for a few days....

P.
    Very much agree with you there, Magga did say his wife complained that temps were being adjusted by some internet randoms!

I would stick the interface behind my VPN server running on another Raspberry pi I have (fingers crossed if Magga is still around!) for remote access.

Automated Home Jr Member

Using the script from https://github.com/watchforstock/evohome-client, I'd like to log the data into a file that's easily importable into Excel for manipulation, along with logging the timestamp of each temperature line.

When I run:
    Code:
    for device in client.temperatures():
        print device
    It shows:
    Code:
    {'temp': 53.0, 'setpoint': '', 'thermostat': 'DOMESTIC_HOT_WATER', ......
    {'temp': 21.5, 'setpoint': 21.0, 'thermostat': 'EMEA_ZONE', .....
    How would I add a timestamp to the beginning of each line so that it looks like:

Code:
    {'timestamp': 19/10/2015  20:27, 'temp': 53.0, 'setpoint': '', 'thermostat': 'DOMESTIC_HOT_WATER', ......
    {'timestamp': 19/10/2015  20:27, 'temp': 21.5, 'setpoint': 21.0, 'thermostat': 'EMEA_ZONE', .....
    I'm no Python programmer, so trying to follow the code (e.g. temperatures() )when it's split up into many different segments from different files is proving difficult, let alone figuring out how to add a timestamp into there too.

Thanks.

Automated Home Jr Member

tbh, ideally in CSV format because importing into Excel isn't all that easy. e.g.

timestamp, temp, set point, thermostat, name, id
    19/10/2015 20:27, 53.0, , DOMESTIC_HOT_WATER, , 123456
    19/10/2015 20:27, 21.5, 21.0, DOMESTIC_HOT_WATER, Hallway, 123456

Automated Home Sr Member

On 2nd Sept Rameses said "Honeywell have an Open API program which is available upon request" - I tried a PM to him, but his mailbox is full and it won't accept any more.
    Does anybody know how to obtain this Open API?

Automated Home Jr Member

I'd also be really interested in knowing if there is anything more detailed about the API. I've got as far as data logging, but I have some ideas for further automation / interaction projects. I've got so far using the Python / PHP examples on here, but would be good to understand the 'official' details.

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi all,

Wow, I can't believe the interest I've had about the interface I made. Sorry i haven't replied to a lot of private messages, I have recently started my own business, and have just not had time to revisit this project until recently. The main issue with the interface is that it's a bit buggy and not all that secure, so I'm reluctant to release it to the masses. It doesn't really have any error checking so if something doesn't work, it can be tricky to work out what's going on.

I have added some support for lightwaverf and also Somfy blind motors, although these are just calls to the domoticz API that I have running on my raspberry pi.

Thanks

Automated Home Ninja Dan_Robinson's Avatar

Is there an idiots guide for those of us that have all the gear but no idea?

Cheers
    Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Automated Home Sr Member

I'll hopefully be getting my system all installed & setup next Monday, so until then I can only wait to actually give this a go.

I take it the python scripts created work without any real issue or finicky dependencies? Also what would the ideal polling time be, 5 minutes? I'm looking at putting all the metrics into a graphite backend so I can do some nice in depth monitoring of what's going on.

Automated Home Lurker

Thanks to this thread I was able to make a plugin for Munin (http://munin-monitoring.org/) to monitor my zones of the evohome.

The can be found here https://github.com/Infern1/evohome-munin

2015-10-29 09_32_06-Munin __ robhome.lensen.nu __ router.robhome.lensen.nu.jpg

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Interesting example of overshoot on some of those graphs!