Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: Decoded - EvoHome API access to control remotely.

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Evohome server issues

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Hi All,

I've also had 10 "Alert: Failed Zone Change" emails from Honeywell in just 4 days of use, in response to trying to send remote commands from the iPhone app, and this was before I ever started trying to poll the servers to graph temperatures... it's a bit disappointing that the servers seem to be this unreliable - without an email alert I would never be aware that the command I just sent from the phone to turn off the heating never actually went through, because the phone UI shows that the command succeeded, and only if you wait a few seconds and do a forced refresh (drag down) will you see the truth that the command did not actually go through.
    This time last year they had similar issues. They have had drop-outs for the last two to three weeks, perhaps the server is cold! (or busy). I seem to recall they took out the server last year as well for service, struck me as odd there was no backup server.

Evohome dropouts 00.jpg
    See where there are boxes missing on the graph. The software polls every 10 minutes on a cron job. At the moment, if it can't get the Evohome data, it drops all data. Now with over a years worth of logged data. I can be reasonably sure it's not my end. If someone cares, you can have text log for dates and times. I could log and verify the fails if I was overly interested.

P.S. Honeywell did not respond to my request for a developer account, made a couple of months ago. :-(
    Last edited by Conseils; 10th December 2015 at 12:03 AM.

Automated Home Jr Member

Recent e-mail re service status.

Planned Maintenance - Total Connect Comfort server outage - 16/12/15

The Total Connect Comfort servers will undergo planned maintenance at the following point in time:

Start: 16/12/15 5:00 AM (UTC)
    End: 16/12/15 11:00 AM (UTC)

During the outage customers will not be able to access the Total Connect Comfort web login, app, or make API calls (e.g. via IFTTT, Pebble).

Automated Home Lurker

Default C# European Version

Hi paul777,

Great work on the c# library. I have cloned it and have been playing around a bit. I presume this is the USA version of the service this has been implemented for?

Has anyone used c# to connect to the EMEA version which I believe uses OAUTH for authentication?

Quote Originally Posted by paul777 View Post
    I have published a .Net / C# version of the API to GitHub here https://github.com/paul-777/Evohome....er/EvoHome.Lib

Code:
        class Program
        {
            static int REFRESH_SECONDS = 300;
            static void Main(string[] args)
            {
                Controller cn = new Controller();
                Task t = cn.Init("yourusername", "yourpassword");
                t.Wait();

// Set a temp override and cancel again
                cn.Locations[0].Gateways[0].TemperatureControlSystems[0].Zones[0].SetTemperatureOverride(11, DateTime.Now.AddHours(1)).Wait();
                cn.Locations[0].Gateways[0].TemperatureControlSystems[0].Zones[0].CancelTemperatureOverride().Wait();

// Copy the schedule down and writeit back again
                var st = cn.Locations[0].Gateways[0].TemperatureControlSystems[0].Zones[0].GetSchedule();
                st.Wait();
                var sched = st.Result;

cn.Locations[0].Gateways[0].TemperatureControlSystems[0].Zones[0].SetSchedule(sched).Wait();

// Export data to a csv file
                using (var s = File.AppendText(@"data.csv"))
                {
                    foreach (var x in cn.Locations)
                    {
                        foreach (var gateway in x.Gateways)
                        {
                            foreach (var tc in gateway.TemperatureControlSystems)
                            {
                                string line = "Time," + string.Join(",", from z in tc.Zones select z.Name) + "," + string.Join(",", from z in tc.Zones select z.Name);
                                Console.WriteLine(line);
                                    s.WriteLine(line);
                            }
                        }
                    }

while (true)
                    {
                        Stopwatch sw = new Stopwatch();
                        sw.Start();
                        try
                        {
                            cn.UpdateStatus().Wait();
                            foreach (var x in cn.Locations)
                            {
                                foreach (var gateway in x.Gateways)
                                {
                                    foreach (var tc in gateway.TemperatureControlSystems)
                                    {
                                        string line = DateTime.UtcNow.ToString("HH:mm dd MMM yyyy") + "," + string.Join(",", from z in tc.Zones select z.Status.TemperatureStatus.Temperature) + "," + string.Join(",", from z in tc.Zones select z.Status.HeatSetpointStatus.TargetTemperature);
                                        Console.WriteLine(line);
                                        s.WriteLine(line);
                                    }
                                }
                                s.Flush();
                            }
                        }
                        catch
                        { }
                        sw.Stop();
                        Thread.Sleep((int)Math.Max(0,(REFRESH_SECONDS * 1000) - sw.ElapsedMilliseconds));
                    }
                }

Console.ReadLine();
            }
        }

Automated Home Lurker

I am in the UK and using this so I know it works here, not sure about the rest of the world.

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by magga View Post
    Hi weejimmy,

That's some data you've got going on there!

Interesting to see those things that you mention above. If you take a look at my graphs (just click on any room on the link below), I don't get any of this kind of thing, the setpoints always seem to be correct. I do get the temperatures going a fair bit above the setpoints in some rooms, though.

Evohome Web Controller

Matt
    I installed two days ago evohome in my house and now I tried to log into the site Evohome Web Controller
    But I always get the message "Login Failed".
    Why?
    Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by maurgaj View Post
    I installed two days ago evohome in my house and now I tried to log into the site Evohome Web Controller
    But I always get the message "Login Failed".
    Why?
    Can anyone help me?

Thanks
    I too have the same problem

Automated Home Lurker

As I understand it that website is one users personal site they have built not a general public login.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by paul777 View Post
    As I understand it that website is one users personal site they have built not a general public login.
    oh I didn't realise, what a pitty

Automated Home Lurker

Thanks @paul777. Yes I am not sure what I was doing the first time I was looking at this but now have it working using your library. I am expanding it and trying to create a webforms/MVC app using the nice css someone previously used for the site mentioned above. Like everyone else though I can no longer login. Does anyone still have access to this other than the owner?

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by sd84 View Post
    Thanks @paul777. Yes I am not sure what I was doing the first time I was looking at this but now have it working using your library. I am expanding it and trying to create a webforms/MVC app using the nice css someone previously used for the site mentioned above. Like everyone else though I can no longer login. Does anyone still have access to this other than the owner?
    Hi sd84, I'm also a programmer, so if you want we can collaborate on the project