Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Decoded - EvoHome API access to control remotely.

Automated Home Jr Member

Looks really good. If it wasn't for javascript's cross origin protection, it would be possible to do all of this client side (which would mean that credentials wouldn't need to be sent to a third party). Haven't spotted a route around that yet.

On the other hand, I noticed that the if-this-then-that system is obviously given an OAuth style authentication to the evohome backend meaning that you don't need to give them your username and password so maybe this shows the direction Honeywell are going with allowing other applications access to the evohome data.

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi All,

It's good to see so many creative solutions!

I have also been playing around and have managed to get the data from my two locations into some real time trends. The setup is a bit OTT for home use, but it is fun!

The basic system is:
    • I have a modified version of the Python that outputs a single value per device per location when it runs.
    • I then scheduled the Python script to run once a minute in Task Scheduler on my PC. The output from each run is piped to a CSV file (which is overwritten once a minute).
    • A second process is monitoring the CSV file and making the latest data available via OPC (Ole for Process Control).
    • An OPC historian is then time stamping and archiving the data.
    • I am then viewing the live data (and history) in a desktop trend application.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Automated Home Jr Member

Another set of trends. This time Setpoints Vs Temps. Some really useful things are apparent.

1. Window detection in the downstair Cloakroom at 8:07 am.
    2. Pointless SP change in the Kitchen at 8:00am which caused a two hour heat 'tail'...
    3. A rogue Setpoint at 9:00am in Harry's room (SP goes from 17 to 20 and then back again)

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi weejimmy,

That's some data you've got going on there!

Interesting to see those things that you mention above. If you take a look at my graphs (just click on any room on the link below), I don't get any of this kind of thing, the setpoints always seem to be correct. I do get the temperatures going a fair bit above the setpoints in some rooms, though.

Evohome Web Controller

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by magga View Post
    Hi guys,

With the help of Roy and Andrew's code, I've put together a web (PHP) version of the evohome controller. It's very much work in progress at the moment, I would like to pull the data in real time eventually (currently only the time and date update in real time), and then at least have a further screen where you can set the target temperature by clicking on a zone, along with a quick actions screen. Let me know your thoughts on this, and if you see any problems with it. It's currently pulling the temperatures in my house, but I can easily add a login box if anyone would like to see it working for their own system?

Evohome Web Controller
    Great work magga, looks really nice and I see some additional automation stuff in there for the devices like lights and fire.

Do you have a public version of the source? or copy of this as I would love to integrate this with the code Roy/Andrew have given and do some playing about myself.

Thanks,

Michael.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by omega015 View Post
    Great work magga, looks really nice and I see some additional automation stuff in there for the devices like lights and fire.

Do you have a public version of the source? or copy of this as I would love to integrate this with the code Roy/Andrew have given and do some playing about myself.

Thanks,

Michael.
    Thanks Michael.

It's not really structured well enough to release to the public, it's very bespoke to my setup at the moment. It could be made more modular to suit more setups if there was enough demand, though. In the meantime, feel free to steal the CSS for your own use

Automated Home Lurker

I think there would be lots of demand for such an interface. I had assumed it would come 'out of the box' with evohome. The system is working well, but local computer control seems a no-brainer to me.

Automated Home Jr Member

Noticed that the evohome app has been updated with scheduling capabilities now, so this must mean it's possible to set schedules via the API! I'll post further details in here when I work out what URL and commands are, unless someone else beats me too it

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by magga View Post
    Noticed that the evohome app has been updated with scheduling capabilities now, so this must mean it's possible to set schedules via the API! I'll post further details in here when I work out what URL and commands are, unless someone else beats me too it
    Just waiting for them to push the Android update and I'll be on it. I'm looking forward to the ability to back up and restore the schedules!

Automated Home Jr Member

Have managed to get the URLS for scheduling, but I've also discovered that my app uses the EMEA version of the Evohome API, which is different to the code posted here.

For one, the authentication is completely different, in that it uses OAuth, which makes things complicated because I either now need to use 2 different types of auth, or rewrite it all to work with the EMEA API

Secondly, the format of the JSON returned is completely different, different information is returned, in different structures.

Interesting that they are using 2 different APIs, yet it's possible for me (and presumably, anyone else), to access either of them. It would be interesting to see if US people are able to access the EMEA API.

Anyhow, the URL for scheduling (on the EMEA api), is as below:

https://rs.alarmnet.com/TotalConnect...ce_id/schedule