Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: Decoded - EvoHome API access to control remotely.

Automated Home Ninja

I have a feeling Joe left the company and one of his last actions was to give all the developers their own API key. I actually got an email myself, instructing me to go to some web folder that required me to authenticate using a Microsoft Live account, which doesn't really work for me as I'm more of a Linux guy. I emailed and I did PM him months ago about the issue I had getting to the information that was meant for me, but same as you no response.

I'm okay with it though. The code works. The way I see it, it is most likely more of an issue for Honeywell that they can't see what type of application is connecting to their service.

Automated Home Guru

I have run an HTTPS/SSL debugger against the Android app, and I see no evidence for server-side events (SSE). In fact, the app just polls the honeywell servers every 30 seconds! (FWIW, I can also see the app request outside temp from api.openweathermap.org)

My suspicion is that the evohome controller is also polling!

Does anyone know of any SSE api? Or even delayed poll-response?

Automated Home Legend philchillbill's Avatar

Over a year since the last post here so time to revive. Does anybody know the difference between the Honeywell 'Home' API and the TCC API? The Evohome app on iOS has a splash screen that brands it as Honeywell Home but the API webpage does not mention Evohome as falling under 'Home'. Such clarity !

Any idea how to get an API-key these days? Emails to [email protected] are ignored.

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    Over a year since the last post here so time to revive. Does anybody know the difference between the Honeywell 'Home' API and the TCC API? The Evohome app on iOS has a splash screen that brands it as Honeywell Home but the API webpage does not mention Evohome as falling under 'Home'. Such clarity !

Any idea how to get an API-key these days? Emails to [email protected] are ignored.
    Interesting....

I have Honeywell Home app installed on my Android phone but the icon matches the TCC app. In fact, Play Store informs me that I have the TCC app installed, not Home like the local App-info screen shows me. It would appear that Honeywell changed the name and then re-used the old name for their Lyric product range.

Default New TotalConnectedComfort WebAPI ?

I've discovered an official Total Connect Comfort API that's actually targeted towards Evohome and not Honeywell Home. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in posts here so it's likely new (the page I'm looking at is dated Sept 17, 2019). I accessed it via https://mytotalconnectcomfort.com/WebApi/Help/LogIn and took the first login option there which just needs an ApplicationID. I used 91db1612-73fd-4500-91b2-e63b069b185c and got in no problem. In particular, the docs around the oauth flow would indicate that some effort has been put into this. There's an Access Control List concept, for example. Maybe this is the new API that jzwack eluded to in 2017 before going AWOL?

Screenshot 2019-10-27 at 09.44.25.jpg

I have not played with it yet but there does seem to be quite some new functionality in there - the docs mention a LiveFeed API call that "Subscribes client to LiveFeed Streaming notifications."

Screenshot 2019-10-27 at 09.42.35.jpg

Have at it !

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Looks American - talks about furnaces and cooling. I suspect this is for one of the North American products rather than Evohome, but it would be nice if I'm wrong!

Automated Home Legend

Isnt this the same as what we have seen previously at https://tccna.honeywell.com/WebApi/Help/LogIn

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Isnt this the same as what we have seen previously at https://tccna.honeywell.com/WebApi/Help/LogIn
    Same page, yes. Does not look related to Evohome as it does not contain any of the known working URIs from evohomeclient. The login screen also does not accept the (older) application ID in use by evohomeclient.

Sorry for the false alarm

Automated Home Lurker

I've devoloped a web based app for managing my evohome system. Everything is working OK except for setting a daily schedule for the DHW - I been searching all morning but I can't find the correct JSON code to do this and my current code just sets all setpoints to OFF for the DHW, does anyone know how to do it?

Currently using:

schedule += '{"TimeOfDay" : "' + time + '","TargetTemperature" : "' + temp + '"},\n';

and I've tried this:

schedule += '{"TimeOfDay" : "' + time + '","TargetTemperature" : "' + temp + '","Status" : "On"},\n';

but no joy!