Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Decoded - EvoHome API access to control remotely.

Automated Home Jr Member

Glad you got it working. To be honest, at least for my use case I'm just authenticating anew each time. My main use of the api is to record the room temperatures every 5 minutes and store that to a database for viewing (http://www.andrew-stock.com/weather/show/). It looks from the response that the token is valid for an hour, but I haven't done anything with that, or seen a use of a the "refresh" token either

Automated Home Jr Member

That's fair enough.

It would appear that you can use the refresh token to get a new access_token. The purpose of this, is to reduce the number or times that client credentials are sent over the internet, this reducing the possibility of someone intercepting them.

Automated Home Jr Member

I've made a few new updates to my web app, once again thanks to everyone who has provided code and help me get to where I've got to! I've had to put a PIN on it as I was seeing the settings being changed and the other half was complaining!

So, here's some screenshots of the latest developments of my little web app:

Automated Home Jr Member

Continued...

As you can see, I have added setting switchpoints, editing switchpoints, deleting switchpoints, copying schedules and a schedule overview chart, so most things that you can do on the controller can now be done on here too.

Hello Magga
    This webinterface for Evohome is really exciting. Very nice. Actually i also have a project, i want to set temperature settings with a small php script from outside. So i'm very interessted in some code samples how you did it do send informations to evohome. Would it be possible for you to share this with me?

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by leumund View Post
    Hello Magga
    This webinterface for Evohome is really exciting. Very nice. Actually i also have a project, i want to set temperature settings with a small php script from outside. So i'm very interessted in some code samples how you did it do send informations to evohome. Would it be possible for you to share this with me?
    Hi - I am also very interested in developing a bespoke windows browser app and would appreciate any information and code snippets. So far I have accessed the vs 1 API and pulled back all the data. I have also accessed the version 2 API and can send requests for temperature and adjust schedules based on the excellent app Andrew Woodstock provided access to. However, I am really interested in what other data may be available from the API and have put in a request to Honeywell mid last week for access to the API but have had no response so far. My question is whether someone is able to share what full range of data requests can be made to the API and whether anyone who may have access to the API documentation is able to share it? One particular issue that started me on this path was that since adding the gateway to the controller, a new field appeared in the top left: ‘Outside –‘ I presume this would show the outside temp sent from the gateway (no documentation found that articulates this new addition) but as you can see it just displays two dashes. However, checking the version 1 API as that provides a full pull of the data fields, I can see the temperature being returned in the JSON data. So I am trying to track down the same data fields in the version 2 API in case they are no longer available and the controller is using the new API. Many thanks in advance

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi,

Actually, the version 2 API doesn't return weather data at all. The weather data is pulled from a separate service (openweathermap.org/api). It is interesting that you're seeing outside on your evohome controller because I don't get this on mine and I thought this only showed if you purchased the outdoor weather sensor? I may be wrong on that though, perhaps I need to update my firmware?

Regarding the code, if you send me a private message I can help you out, as I did with leumund.

Thanks
    Matt

Automated Home Legend

I have the outdoor sensor installed, and it displays it on the main unit but that value isn't available via the api

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi, if you have an outside sensor does it return an ID number, if you ask for all devices?
    I imagine you should then be able to query for that sensor.

Using a GET and providing a SessionID from secure authentication I then get all data:
    https://rs.alarmnet.com/TotalConnect...6&allData=True

For an older HR80 I get..

"devices": [ { "deviceID": 123456, "thermostatModelType": "EMEA_ZONE", "name": "Living room", "scheduleCapable": false, "holdUntilCapable": false, "thermostat": { "units": "Celsius", "indoorTemperature": 21.0, "outdoorTemperature": 128.0000, "outdoorTemperatureAvailable": false, "outdoorHumidity": 128.0000, "outdootHumidityAvailable": false, "indoorHumidity": 128.0000, "indoorTemperatureStatus": "Measured", "indoorHumidityStatus": "NotAvailable", "isCommercial": false, "allowedModes": [ "Heat", "Off" ], "deadband": 0.0000, "minHeatSetpoint": 5.0000, "maxHeatSetpoint": 22.0000, "minCoolSetpoint": 50.0000, "maxCoolSetpoint": 90.0000, "changeableValues": { "mode": "Off", "heatSetpoint": { "value": 20.5000, "status": "Scheduled" }, "vacationHoldDays": 0 }, "scheduleCapable": false, "vacationHoldChangeable": false, "vacationHoldCancelable": false, "scheduleHeatSp": 0.0000, "scheduleCoolSp": 0.0000 }, "alertSettings": { "deviceID": 636482, "tempHigherThanActive": true, "tempHigherThan": 30.0000, "tempHigherThanMinutes": 0, "tempLowerThanActive": true, "tempLowerThan": 5.0000, "tempLowerThanMinutes": 0, "faultConditionExistsActive": false, "faultConditionExistsHours": 0, "normalConditionsActive": true, "communicationLostActive": false, "communicationLostHours": 0, "communicationFailureActive": true, "communicationFailureMinutes": 15, "deviceLostActive": false, "deviceLostHours": 0 }, "isUpgrading": false, "isAlive": true, "thermostatVersion": "02.01.09.01", "macID": "000000000000", "locationID": 654321 }

I changed the specific ID's of course.

Perhaps you external temperature sensor would be listed, would be great to see what one looks like.

Automated Home Guru

I haven't added the outdoor sensor as from my research (shame Honeywell aren't clearer with their documentation on how some of the features of the evohome work), the outdoor sensor feed to the unit is not then used to vary the optimisation time (which would have seemed a sensible idea). So it appears to be a simple but expensive external temperature reader :-( Further, with the data feed from the gateway it could use that weather data, which whilst not as accurate as a local sensor would provide some useful input to the optimisation calculations (should it be used). It is interesting that bruce_miranda says the v2 API does not return weather data as the API v1 does as per the following I got back :
    "weather": {
    "units": "Celsius",
    "phrase": "Partly sunny",
    "temperature": 7.2,
    "condition": "PartlySunny",
    "humidity": 100
    Appears that version 2 API has less features than the version 1. Obviously for those who want to harvest the data from the gateway you can use both the version 1 and version 2 API to get the different data sets and combine them into your app.
    My question is that for those of you who have accessed the API v2, as it is based on a request/response model (whereas v1 you can just do a single full data dump request) are you able to share the documentation for API v2 so that I can determine what is available and put the appropriate requests to the API? At the moment I am using requests based on the fine code examples in this thread and Andrew Stocks excellent web site but I would really like to have the raw API documentation to tailor my own requests. As I say, I have put in the request to Honeywell for access to their API documentation via their API access form but am still awaiting a response. Many thanks
    Last edited by SteveP; 24th November 2014 at 10:57 AM.