Decoded - EvoHome API access to control remotely.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nickpeirson
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2015

I started packaging up a library for the API in PHP a month or two ago based on the info in this thread and realised that I hadn't done much more on it recently, so thought I'd push it up in it's current state. It'll get information from the API quite happily, however I didn't put much effort into pushing back to the API. It's available here: https://github.com/nickpeirson/evohome-php

Hopefully someone finds it useful. I'm not planning on doing anything much with it in the near future, but I'll happily help anyone else who wants to do anything with it and merge in any PRs to improve it.

Comment

• nickpeirson
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jan 2015

Conseils asked if I had support for refresh tokens. I hadn't seen anyone else doing this, so I poked into the API a little and came up with
      Code:
      curl -s -v https://rs.alarmnet.com/TotalConnectComfort/Auth/OAuth/Token -H "Authorization: Basic YjAxM2FhMjYtOTcyNC00ZGJkLTg4OTctMDQ4YjlhYWRhMjQ5OnRlc3Q=" --data "grant_type=refresh_token&scope=EMEA-V1-Basic+EMEA-V1-Anonymous+EMEA-V1-Get-Current-User-Account&refresh_token=<REFRESH_TOKEN>"
      I've also implemented this in my library, changes are in this commit: https://github.com/nickpeirson/evoho...f868c241937777

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

In order do get some external temperature compensation into my system i used an HR80 but only the temperature sensor associated with a zone. I installed this into my air block in the wall, so it won't get wet but at the same time is able to sense the outsize temperature. So now I use the output of this zone to vary the temperature of the other zones inside the house.

I should never have had to do this especially since the evohome comes with an outdoor sensor. Problem is that the App cannot read that data, even though I have the outdoor sensor installed and it displays the temperature on the evohome unit.

Luckily for me I had a defective HR80 kicking around where the sensor worked but the valve wouldn't.

Comment

• courcirc8
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Dec 2014

I received my HGI80, it works very nicely with domoticz!! Now I can switch off Evo's internet gateway...I don't like to have a device spreading "personal data" over the internet (presence or absence for example). You never know the security level of the system.

Comment

• top brake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Feb 2015

all sounds like fascinating stuff

control4 have just released an API for evohome for those that want to achieve further smarthome integration

I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• HelmutF
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Mar 2015

Hi to all

First, my name is Helmut and I'm from Austria (not Australia ). I installed the evohome system last week with the gateway, the relay to controll my heating and three units on the radiators. Everything is working fine.
              I'm using the app on verious devices. The app is ok, but on my Win8 tablet it is not possible to use. So I was searching for some options to controll the system over the web. I found nothing. I think, this is very poo for Honeywell.
              At last, I found this forum and this thread. The pictures are looking nice and I tried the web address https://customer.maginternet.co.uk/heating/login.php but I always get an login error. I used my credentials (I changed them ).
              So, is this project still allive? Is it possible to install it on my NAS? or will Honeywell do the job paid for?

Comment

• stevedaniels
                Automated Home Lurker
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by courcirc8 View Post
                I received my HGI80, it works very nicely with domoticz!! Now I can switch off Evo's internet gateway...I don't like to have a device spreading "personal data" over the internet (presence or absence for example). You never know the security level of the system.
                Could you explain a bit more on the setup?

Comment

• private4587
                  Automated Home Lurker
                  • Oct 2014

Hi Magga I must say very impressed with all the speak here, I have absolutely no idea of coding at all but love the idea of being able to see what is happening in respect to graphs showing temp. set points and valve openings. Any chance of it working on a mac?

Comment

• Conseils
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Nov 2014

You can run scripts on the MAC of various types. Most of this post was on PHP ( http://php.net/manual/en/install.macosx.php ). I rarely use MAC's myself, but the link would imply things might work.

You can also use Python ( https://www.python.org/downloads/mac-osx/ ), same caveat as before, seems it would work.

I was hoping to post a complete setup 'graphs an all', two things stopped me.
                    1) Getting the bar graphs to work for the schedule is taking more time than I would like
                    2) The instructions to set it all up are long! Could really do with an automated script.

I have over 200 lines (with some documentation) for a RASPI install! As I said, could really do with an automated script.

Originally posted by private4587 View Post
                    Hi Magga I must say very impressed with all the speak here, I have absolutely no idea of coding at all but love the idea of being able to see what is happening in respect to graphs showing temp. set points and valve openings. Any chance of it working on a mac?

Comment

• wyrdfish
                      • Mar 2015

Hi,
                      Is there a c# version of the library available online?
                      I was pondering a universal app and if someone has done any work they could share it would be helpful.
                      cheers.
                      Dave

Comment

• paulockenden
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Apr 2015

Hi Magga, is your web version still running? I wasn't able to log in with my Evohome username and password.

Of course, you might just be harvesting those, and going to turn my hot water off when I'm not watching.

P.

Comment

• paulockenden
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Conseils View Post
                          Below are some pics. I will try to post an update around December 23rd.
                          Did you get any further, @Conseils?

P.

Comment

• Conseils
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Nov 2014

Hi, two pieces of info.
                            1 yes added lots of stuff and modding the user interface, to avoid potential copyright issues.
                            Re engineered the database to make it flexible
                            2 PM Honeywell to start release, they said "we are overloaded with requests".
                            So I was left a little high and dry, at that point.

If anyone can help in how to release without breaking Honeywell rules, I am listening.

Comment

• paulockenden
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Conseils View Post
                              If anyone can help in how to release without breaking Honeywell rules, I am listening.
                              Having had a chat with a senior voice at Honeywell during the week I think you'll be OK. They are really proud of the 'tinkerer' community that's developing around the product.

P.

Comment

• ukhauk
                                Automated Home Jr Member
                                • Apr 2006

Storing Values / Local weather conditions

---------------------------------------------

for device in fullData['devices']:
                                print device['thermostatModelType'], device['deviceID'], device['name'], device['thermostat']['indoorTemperature']

[/CODE]

It would be easy to change the print line near the end to write to a file or database to store these values for further analysis[/QUOTE]

---------------------------------------------

Hi thanks for posting this script amazing work

I have been saving the room temperatures for the last couple of days. I have noticed that the values are reasonably static I was thinking I should add a delay after connecting so the Honeywell server could poll the device ?

On the last line does anyone know how to display the local weather conditions so I can record that

for device in fullData['devices']:
                                print device['thermostatModelType'], device['deviceID'], device['name'], device['thermostat']['indoorTemperature']

I'm new to JSON I can see it in the raw JSON information but struggled getting it out to a string

Comment

Working...
                                X