Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Decoded - EvoHome API access to control remotely.

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi,

The Version 2 API definitely does not return weather data as per my post above. The weather data comes from openweathermap.org and this is a paid service. Honeywell have an account with openweathermap and it uses their information when it connects to this API. I agree it is a shame that the main controller doesn't make use of this weather information, this is why I added it to my web version as I felt it should be there! I have also PM'd you with further details.

Thanks
    Matt

Automated Home Legend

The API returns

"weather": {
    "condition": "Sunny",
    "temperature": 2.2,
    "units": "Celsius",
    "humidity": 93,
    "phrase": "Sunny"

But this is not what my external sensor is reading. And the external sensor is not listed in the list of devices.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by magga View Post
    Hi,

The Version 2 API definitely does not return weather data as per my post above. The weather data comes from openweathermap.org and this is a paid service. Honeywell have an account with openweathermap and it uses their information when it connects to this API. I agree it is a shame that the main controller doesn't make use of this weather information, this is why I added it to my web version as I felt it should be there! I have also PM'd you with further details.

Thanks
    Matt
    Thanks Matt - I have received the PM and replied to you - much appreciated cheers.
    I have raised a support call with Honeywell regarding the blank temperature reading my unit is showing since connecting the gateway and so far they have replied that it should be there and will pass it onto their technical dept. So I shall wait to see what returns. However, I shall now pursue use my browser app with the info you have supplied so soon the controller will be just the electronics as I will use the browser app as the master controller. Now if only I could get back from the rad controllers the fact that one of them in a zone has been manually adjusted then that would save me thinking the system has gone crazy when the controller shows all zones are off but one of my off-spring has manually adjusted a zone!

Automated Home Lurker

Thanks to all the information here I made a python script that sends all the temperature data to Plotly.
    It automatically makes graphs of every room temperature that you can easily visit online.
    It would be nice if these graphs can be implemented in the web interface!
    Great work btw!

http://github.com/PieterVO/EvohomeTemperature

Automated Home Legend

Once you add the gateway, you almost never need to visit the main unit. Honeywell should have just made a non ui version.
    Infact I find the main unit most unhelpful because of the limited display during idle.
    I thought the newer trv unit sends back manual adjustment data too. My system only has the hr80 in it.I was thrilled that they were supported, otherwise I would have never moved from the hometronic. This is such a fantastic upgrade from that.

Hi all,

Great thread and excellent work decoding the API.

The main feature for me that appears to be missing from the EvoHome system is the ability to see how much time the boiler is being fired per day\week. Other systems seem to have this, but as far as I can see the EvoHome doesn't. So, what I was wondering is whether or not you've discovered any way to poll the unit to see if the boiler is being fired or not? I could then just write a little service to poll the unit every 20 seconds or so and log the information to a DB.

One thought I had was that I could assume that the boiler is being fired if the current temperature in any zone is lower than the requested temperature, however I don't think this is very accurate because if it works anything like my current CM907 thermostat then it takes things such as thermo momentum into account and cuts the boiler off before the room actually reaches the exact desired temperature (Because if knows the rooms will continue to warm up because the radiators are still hot).

Thanks in advance
    Ben

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Thanks Matt - I have received the PM and replied to you - much appreciated cheers.
    I have raised a support call with Honeywell regarding the blank temperature reading my unit is showing since connecting the gateway and so far they have replied that it should be there and will pass it onto their technical dept. So I shall wait to see what returns. However, I shall now pursue use my browser app with the info you have supplied so soon the controller will be just the electronics as I will use the browser app as the master controller. Now if only I could get back from the rad controllers the fact that one of them in a zone has been manually adjusted then that would save me thinking the system has gone crazy when the controller shows all zones are off but one of my off-spring has manually adjusted a zone!
    It is frustrating that a manual override is not reported back on the main controller, I have spoken to Honeywell about this and they have confirmed this is the expected behaviour, I have no idea why, though.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pieter_VO View Post
    Thanks to all the information here I made a python script that sends all the temperature data to Plotly.
    It automatically makes graphs of every room temperature that you can easily visit online.
    It would be nice if these graphs can be implemented in the web interface!
    Great work btw!

http://github.com/PieterVO/EvohomeTemperature

Hi Peiter,

I have actually implemented graphs in my web version already, I just didn't post the screenshots of this, because I forgot

Graphs are useful as it gives you a good idea as to how long rooms take to heat up, and also any potential TRV faults etc.

Automated Home Guru

Quote from Magga -"It is frustrating that a manual override is not reported back on the main controller, I have spoken to Honeywell about this and they have confirmed this is the expected behaviour, I have no idea why, though". Drat - thanks for that as it saves me investigating it but very sad :-(

Automated Home Jr Member

I don't get the outside temperature displaying on mine at all. I'm starting to wonder whether the gateway and main controller are supposed to do this, however it is clearly stated in the Honeywell brochure.
    Quote Originally Posted by From Brochure
    When connected to the internet, via the remote access gateway, the evohome controller is able to display external temperatures.
    Can anyone else confirm whether theirs does this or not?