Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Decoded - EvoHome API access to control remotely.

Automated Home Guru

Mine doesn't display outdoor temperature

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rcopus View Post
    I don't get the outside temperature displaying on mine at all. I'm starting to wonder whether the gateway and main controller are supposed to do this, however it is clearly stated in the Honeywell brochure.

Can anyone else confirm whether theirs does this or not?
    I have a support call into Honeywell on this as I just get dashes where the temperature should be. They have escalated to their technical team. I have prompted them this evening for an update. Will report back.

Steve. Are you an installer? There were some early beta units which were given out in trials which had this. However this was removed in the final product. The only way an external temp would be seen was if the external sensor is bound in/enabled

Sensor is HB85
    Last edited by Rameses; 27th November 2014 at 01:05 AM.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

reply to Roy

It shouldn't. Even if it did it would be information purposes only. The system has no need to know outside temp to work well. See my other recent post in forum explaining.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    Steve. Are you an installer? There were some early beta units which were given out in trials which had this. However this was removed in the final product. The only way an external temp would be seen was if the external sensor is bound in/enabled

Sensor is HB85
    Hi - No I am not an installer just a humble consumer. I only bought the unit online from a plumbers merchant 2 weeks ago. Before I connected the unit to the Gateway there was no Outside temp label showing on the main screen. When I connected the gateway it appeared but with the "Outside --". As the earlier post says, the brochure refers to the temperature display with the following text which I also saw in the online brochure When connected to the internet, via the remote access gateway, the evohome controller is able to display external temperatures
    If that has been superseded then that would explain why there is no value in the field but I certainly wasn't aware I had a Beta unit. How would I check?

Can you please direct message me with your contact details. I would also like to get hold of the serial number and details on the 'base stand of your evohome please.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by BenS1 View Post
    One thought I had was that I could assume that the boiler is being fired if the current temperature in any zone is lower than the requested temperature, however I don't think this is very accurate because if it works anything like my current CM907 thermostat then it takes things such as thermo momentum into account and cuts the boiler off before the room actually reaches the exact desired temperature (Because if knows the rooms will continue to warm up because the radiators are still hot)
    This is how I did it in an early version of my Windows Phone app but took it out because I considered it inaccurate. I wanted to track how often the boiler was firing (using it in an S-plan results in the boiler firing for 45 seconds at a time when a radiator decides it wants a tiny bit more heat). AFAIK there's no way to get a BDR91 relay state through the gateway with the current API.

Steve - Verified - you have a current unit- with current FW - so all ok - but inside the settings menu you have enabled the outdoor function when bound with a sensor - got to advanced settings (hold settings for 5 seconds> system devices >outdoor sensor - click on no outdoor sensor - this will remove the "outdoor" on the front of your display.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    Steve - Verified - you have a current unit- with current FW - so all ok - but inside the settings menu you have enabled the outdoor function when bound with a sensor - got to advanced settings (hold settings for 5 seconds> system devices >outdoor sensor - click on no outdoor sensor - this will remove the "outdoor" on the front of your display.
    Whew I was a bit worried I had bought a dodgy unit ! I hadn't realised I had set that as there was no outside sensor so didn't think it would activate anything. I will update. Thanks for your speedy assistance :-)

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by magga View Post
    I've made a few new updates to my web app, once again thanks to everyone who has provided code and help me get to where I've got to! I've had to put a PIN on it as I was seeing the settings being changed and the other half was complaining!
    Wow, that looks great! I've got a ******** (apparently, vbulletin thinks the word starting with p that means a woman has a bun in the oven is not allowed..) wife who'd just love to have this interface available, saving money, controlling the temperature of our daughter and future son's rooms from any old web device would be great.

What is your day job? It all looks very professional.

Is there any chance this is going to be released on GitHub any time soon? I'd love to get access/contribute. This is something I'd really use!

Steve
    Last edited by stevedaniels; 1st December 2014 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Explained silly starred out word.