Decoded - EvoHome API access to control remotely.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jarrah31
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2015

Originally posted by magga View Post
    Hi Peiter,

I have actually implemented graphs in my web version already, I just didn't post the screenshots of this, because I forgot

Graphs are useful as it gives you a good idea as to how long rooms take to heat up, and also any potential TRV faults etc.
    Magga, are you still around? It's nearly been a year since you posted on here, yet I'd love to use the excellent web interface that you posted screenshots to...

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

I think we all would!

If the problem is that the scripts are a bit 'dirty' and too tied to your setup, I'm happy to help you knock them into shape.

P.

Comment

• jarrah31
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Oct 2015

Originally posted by watchforstock View Post
        Glad you got it working. To be honest, at least for my use case I'm just authenticating anew each time. My main use of the api is to record the room temperatures every 5 minutes and store that to a database for viewing (http://www.andrew-stock.com/weather/show/). It looks from the response that the token is valid for an hour, but I haven't done anything with that, or seen a use of a the "refresh" token either
        Love the work you've put into this, and it's great to see you're still updating and working on your github page: https://github.com/watchforstock/evohome-client

Just in case it helps anyone else using a Raspberry Pi, I had to install and run the following modules in order to run the python scripts without errors:

sudo apt-get install python-pip
        git clone https://github.com/watchforstock/evohome-client.git
        sudo pip install ./evohome-client
        sudo apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev libffi-dev python-dev
        sudo pip install requests[security]

Comment

• jarrah31
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Oct 2015

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
          I think we all would!

If the problem is that the scripts are a bit 'dirty' and too tied to your setup, I'm happy to help you knock them into shape.

P.
          I would help out too!

Comment

• paulockenden
            Automated Home Legend
            • Apr 2015

By the way, be wary about displaying things like room temperatures, electricity consumption etc. on publicly accessible websites. It makes it very easy for rogues and scoundrels to see when you're away for a few days....

P.

Comment

• jarrah31
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Oct 2015

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
              By the way, be wary about displaying things like room temperatures, electricity consumption etc. on publicly accessible websites. It makes it very easy for rogues and scoundrels to see when you're away for a few days....

P.
              Very much agree with you there, Magga did say his wife complained that temps were being adjusted by some internet randoms!

I would stick the interface behind my VPN server running on another Raspberry pi I have (fingers crossed if Magga is still around!) for remote access.

Comment

• jarrah31
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Oct 2015

Using the script from https://github.com/watchforstock/evohome-client, I'd like to log the data into a file that's easily importable into Excel for manipulation, along with logging the timestamp of each temperature line.

When I run:
                Code:
                for device in client.temperatures():
                    print device
                It shows:
                Code:
                {'temp': 53.0, 'setpoint': '', 'thermostat': 'DOMESTIC_HOT_WATER', ......
                {'temp': 21.5, 'setpoint': 21.0, 'thermostat': 'EMEA_ZONE', .....
                How would I add a timestamp to the beginning of each line so that it looks like:

Code:
                {'timestamp': 19/10/2015  20:27, 'temp': 53.0, 'setpoint': '', 'thermostat': 'DOMESTIC_HOT_WATER', ......
                {'timestamp': 19/10/2015  20:27, 'temp': 21.5, 'setpoint': 21.0, 'thermostat': 'EMEA_ZONE', .....
                I'm no Python programmer, so trying to follow the code (e.g. temperatures() )when it's split up into many different segments from different files is proving difficult, let alone figuring out how to add a timestamp into there too.

Thanks.

Comment

• jarrah31
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Oct 2015

tbh, ideally in CSV format because importing into Excel isn't all that easy. e.g.

timestamp, temp, set point, thermostat, name, id
                  19/10/2015 20:27, 53.0, , DOMESTIC_HOT_WATER, , 123456
                  19/10/2015 20:27, 21.5, 21.0, DOMESTIC_HOT_WATER, Hallway, 123456

Comment

• MrB
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Oct 2015

On 2nd Sept Rameses said "Honeywell have an Open API program which is available upon request" - I tried a PM to him, but his mailbox is full and it won't accept any more.
                    Does anybody know how to obtain this Open API?

Comment

• StuartG
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Mar 2015

I'd also be really interested in knowing if there is anything more detailed about the API. I've got as far as data logging, but I have some ideas for further automation / interaction projects. I've got so far using the Python / PHP examples on here, but would be good to understand the 'official' details.

Comment

• magga
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Sep 2014

Hi all,

Wow, I can't believe the interest I've had about the interface I made. Sorry i haven't replied to a lot of private messages, I have recently started my own business, and have just not had time to revisit this project until recently. The main issue with the interface is that it's a bit buggy and not all that secure, so I'm reluctant to release it to the masses. It doesn't really have any error checking so if something doesn't work, it can be tricky to work out what's going on.

I have added some support for lightwaverf and also Somfy blind motors, although these are just calls to the domoticz API that I have running on my raspberry pi.

Thanks

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                          Automated Home Ninja
                          • Jun 2012

Is there an idiots guide for those of us that have all the gear but no idea?

Cheers
                          Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• PaulB
                            Automated Home Sr Member
                            • Sep 2015

I'll hopefully be getting my system all installed & setup next Monday, so until then I can only wait to actually give this a go.

I take it the python scripts created work without any real issue or finicky dependencies? Also what would the ideal polling time be, 5 minutes? I'm looking at putting all the metrics into a graphite backend so I can do some nice in depth monitoring of what's going on.

Comment

• Inferno
                              Automated Home Lurker
                              • Oct 2015

Thanks to this thread I was able to make a plugin for Munin (http://munin-monitoring.org/) to monitor my zones of the evohome.

The can be found here https://github.com/Infern1/evohome-munin

2015-10-29 09_32_06-Munin __ robhome.lensen.nu __ router.robhome.lensen.nu.jpg

Comment

• paulockenden
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Apr 2015

Interesting example of overshoot on some of those graphs!

Comment

Working...
                                X