Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evohome - Fitting HR92 to Chrome Towel Rails?

Automated Home Lurker

Default Evohome - Fitting HR92 to Chrome Towel Rails?

Hi All,

Had Evohome installed this Summer and it's started showing its value with the colder morning and evenings now. Have 9 zones (rooms) configured + HW.

One issue is that I didn't add HR92's to the 3 bathroom's chrome towel radiators since I figured (a) it wouldn't look good, (b) that the rads would come on when it's cold anyway. However we have a South facing garden and the back of the house gets warmer than the front, so Hallway rads call for heat and cause towel rail in bathroom at back of house (South facing) to come on making it get 3-4 degrees warmer than the Hall.

Has anyone got pictures of HR92's connected to chrome/silver rads?
    I wonder what it will actually look like if I add them.
    A half-way option would be to add chrome TRVs to limit how hot the towel rails get.

Anyone come up with a different or better solution for towel rail control?

Thanks!

Automated Home Legend

Like I said elsewhere, just put some chrome TRV heads on and you should be OK.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

You can get chrome(ish) tops for HR92s too.

https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/honeywe...121382540.html

Automated Home Lurker

Thanks both.

Will go with chrome TRVs for now and add an HR92 later if needed or when/if Honeywell create a silver one.

I assume HR92's fit on most TRVs but will need to check which model my plumber is recommending for compatibility. If you know a good make/model of chrome TRV please share.

Automated Home Guru

If you want to see how it looks or works, could you sort of borrow a HR92 from another room to see, also if it doesn't fit there are adaptors for some.

Automated Home Legend

I used these on the towel rails, and can confirm a HR92 will fit on and work correctly.

https://www.radiatorvalves4u.co.uk/t...es.html#SID=25

Automated Home Legend

Whilst my towel rails are black the Honeywell TRVs do not look out of place.

Automated Home Guru

Worked perfectly now for 22-months. Mounted to Honeywell right-angle adapters.

IMG_0186.jpg

Automated Home Legend

On the HR92 where are the slots for the air to enter for the temperature sensing. In that picture above, won't the temperature be sensing the rod just above the HR92, rather than that of the room?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    On the HR92 where are the slots for the air to enter for the temperature sensing. In that picture above, won't the temperature be sensing the rod just above the HR92, rather than that of the room?
    I don't think there are any slots specifically for air to enter the sensor, as there is only one slot at the rear into the battery compartment but the sensor is on the PCB which if I remember from the one I disassembled is at the front directly behind the button. (As the button is on the PCB)

I have a dead one whose screen has been ripped off so I may take it apart again to have a closer look at the layout inside. It's one I've already disassembled and reassembled once before when the screen was accidentally "removed" by some furniture...