• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marcuslee
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2009

House Occupied State (troubleshoot)

Hi All,

Noticed this when the ghost light feature didn't work (because the house was occupied).

I've just done a check and House Behaviour has House Occupied State: Status: Waiting for external door to close.

I think it might be to do with the fact I have porches and driveways etc, and tried to config it to have them as rooms with virtual doors (in following a previous forum post about best practice for handling porches etc).

As is stands now, the real front and rear doors no longer have the "This is an external door (leads out of property)" checked.

But not sure how best to proceed with this (and maintain the porches etc setup)?
  • chris_j_hunter
    Automated Home Legend
    • Dec 2007

we've had this problem - answer for us was to keep the doors as external, and separate porch & yard & garden from house, each with virtual motion sensors fed by suitable connections / logic, and taking care to adjust connections to avoid house occupancy being triggered inappropriately by the separated rooms ...
    Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 7 May 2014, 10:19 AM.
    Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• Viv
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Dec 2004

As Chris suggests have your real front and rear doors correctly checked. Have the external Porch or other external rooms not belonging to house. They will then not be accessed as part of the house occupied state.

Viv.

Comment

• marcuslee
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Viv View Post
        As Chris suggests have your real front and rear doors correctly checked. Have the external Porch or other external rooms not belonging to house. They will then not be accessed as part of the house occupied state.

Viv.
        Thanks all. Indeed that was written in the original forum post, now that I go back to check, so definitely an oversight on my behalf. Thanks for the troubleshooting!

Comment

Working...
        X