• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Millne
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Nov 2007

AUI Door Entry Behaviour

I've ordered an AUI to experiment with before fitting alongside drive gates but was curious ahead of time to see how the button press behaviour can be customised.

I intend to install the AUI and an additional relay module so that I can control both a pedestrian gate and vehicle gate from the same location. When the intercom button is pressed I understand that you can click ok on a DFP to initiate an intercom session and then ok again to accept the visitor. What I'm wondering is if this can be customised so that for accept visitor a short press releases the pedestrian gate and a long press triggers the vehicle gate?
    Visit my blog and Follow me on Twitter...
  • chris_j_hunter
    Automated Home Legend
    • Dec 2007

yes & no ...

the button on the AUI can be multi-connected as usual - ours work into the Intercom set-up, and also trigger other things (a Friedland ding-dong door-bell, virtual PIR alternative inputs, etc) ...

OTOH, we thought of doing something like what you're thinking of, but security issues held us back - ie: took the view gate & door release was best done by people indoors (eg: looking out a window & pushing a button local to them, when happy with the situation) or from a smart-'phone (good safety interlocks possible) ...
    Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 8 May 2014, 10:22 AM.
    Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• Andrew Millne
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Nov 2007

Sorry Chris I wasn't particularly clear. The button on the AUI would be used for single push only to initiate the visitor calls behaviour as you say. It is the acceptance of the visitor inside the house through the OK button I would like to differentiate. short press ok to release the pedestrian gate or long press for the vehicle gate.

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
        Automated Home Legend
        • Dec 2007

yep, being a bit slow, here !

Can't recall whether the Intercom side of things is implicit or explicit - if latter, then the answer will be in the Connections box for the OK button ...
        Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 8 May 2014, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
          Automated Home Legend
          • Dec 2007

just had a chance to check - it's implicit …

ie: looks like it would need adjustment within Cortex to allow what you want …

OTOH, couldn't find the way, just now, to tell it what to do when OK is pressed - ie: which relay to trigger (in the right context) to (in our case) operate the door-lock solenoids - we must have done it, sometime in the past, but couldn't find how it's done, just now !

so am also now wondering if / how it distinguishes - ie: we have two AUIs and we don't want the front-door solenoids triggered when the visitor was at the yard gate !
          Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 8 May 2014, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Andrew Millne
            Automated Home Ninja
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by chris_j_hunter View Post
            so am also now wondering if / how it distinguishes - ie: we have two AUIs and we don't want the front-door solenoids triggered when the visitor was at the yard gate !
            I added a dummy AUI to test. By default the first relay object is assigned to a lock object and the second relay is the camera power. The lock relay "pulse on" connection is connected to the on accept visitor action. So it looks like you are correct and this is implicit and an on accept visitor long press action would be required. I guess I'll set the vehicle gate on a separate button for now.

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
              Automated Home Legend
              • Dec 2007

ah, thanks ... for our one by our yard gate, we don't use the OK button to move the gate (we have buttons by each of the overlooking windows, so we will be looking to be sure the gate won't do any harm), so that one's lock relay remains free ...

BTW, we installed our yard-gate AUI with a slate above it, to shelter it from rain, but found we had to up the size quite a lot, to give more protection, and mounted it on a rubber base / gasket, ditto ...
              Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 10 May 2014, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
                Automated Home Legend
                • Dec 2007

PS: photo ...
                Attached Files

Comment

• Andrew Millne
                  Automated Home Ninja
                  • Nov 2007

Thanks Chris, that will help me with planning the pillars for the gate.

Comment

Working...
                  X