• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Millne
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Nov 2007

Intercom camera to TV

Has anybody connected an AUI camera up to display on a TV inside the house when the visitor button is pressed?

I intend to fit a capture card to the Cortex PC but was curious to know what others are doing to relay the video elsewhere. I have a couple of spare cat 5 outlets by the TV in the living room and there is a DFP with line of sight for IR. What about multiple TVs/multiple cameras?
    Visit my blog and Follow me on Twitter...
  • chris_j_hunter
    Automated Home Legend
    • Dec 2007

we've run CT100 cables for this, but with the intention of using not TVs but the small screens sold for car-reversing video-aids - they being inexpensive, and some of them being quite neat ...
    Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• Karam
      Automated Home Legend
      • Mar 2005

You could use an off the shelf video splitter to allow the video to be routed to multiple destinations including the digitiser. If your TV has a SCART socket and this isn't being used for other composite video input then you might be able to have better control over the switching to camera picture. Pin 8 on the SCART connector, if taken to +12V, will usually cause the TV to switch to the composite signal input. This would probably be more reliable if less convenient than using IR since the latter will suffer the usual problem of not knowing what state the TV was in at the time.

Comment

Working...
      X