• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • barranak
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2014

CBUS connection problem

Hi every one,

I am hoping that someone can help with a communication issue.

I have set up a serial to Ethernet convertor on my home network, connected to my 5100T telephone interface and struggled to connect. I then used a usb to serial directly from my laptop everything connected was able to program units. Next step I tried the Ethernet/serial device again and i was straight in.

Here is where the trouble started ever since going back to using it no connection over the Ethernet but no problem locally. So I thought I would use the CBUS diagnostic utility with the Ethernet connection and everything works fine can connect and send all on all off commands. So I am at a loss as to why i can not connect the toolkit over the serial /Ethernet maybe some one has had the same problem and can help.

Andy
    Last edited by barranak; 21 May 2014, 08:47 AM.
  • MichaelD
    Automated Home Guru
    • Mar 2006

Not sure what you mean by a 'serial to ethernet connector'? Is that one of the 5500 series cbus devices?

Comment

• barranak
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Feb 2014

Hi,

Maybe I should have described it as a serial to Ethernet convertor. Its a small box that has 5VDC power applied the serial to the telephone interface goes in one end, and the Ethernet connection to the local network goes in the other. A setup software is run to make a virtual coms port that the pc running the cbus toolkit connects to. Like I said I get brilliant coms with the cbus network diagnostic utility and can send commands with that tool. When I try to connect the toolkit to the same coms port it always says pc interface not found.

This part of the forum seems very quiet so presuming that cbus as a installation method is not being used very much any one here installing at the moment?
      Last edited by barranak; 25 May 2014, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X