• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alexc
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Apr 2013

Presence missing from module

I'm pleased to say that I now have my network up and running with Cortex. I've now got my front doorbell and our ParcelPod connected to the inputs of an older MFP, and the door bell connected to a relay. Now no-one can annoy me by pressing the doorbell several times or constantly - it rings for 1.2s! We also have an indication (which is cleared by pressing a button) as to whether a parcel has been left or whether anyone has pressed the doorbell whilst we've been out.

I'm ready to connect my kitchen lights to the new QTI but, before I do so, I need to sort out the presence indication for the kitchen. I've got a PLH-001 that has a PIR and also a door contact on the kitchen door. When I was a test stage, I had the little person appear on the screen to indicate presence. Now it has gone! The PIR indicator goes red on the screen, and the door contact changes state correctly, but I've probably done something and lost it. Any ideas?
  • Paul_B
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2006

Feels exciting when you start configuring HA, so well done on your progress to date.

In terms of presence can you open the Room Behaviour object for the Kitchen, does this give you any clues?

Paul

Comment

• Alexc
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Apr 2013

Thanks Paul.

I've had another go at it, and if I open the behaviour of the room and click on the simulate button, it triggers. It seems to be that neither the door contact nor the PIR have any affect. I will have a go at re-creating the room.

Comment

• Alexc
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Apr 2013

Ah! This is the room I have:

Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 22.08.51.png

The image in the bottom right represent module buttons. If I press those, the room presence is activated and the little person appears.

However, if the door opens and the PIR activates, it is not detecting presence. This is a different module. Do I need to do something to link this to the room?

Comment

• Alexc
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Apr 2013

Sorted! Over the time I've been playing with Cortex, I have created new rooms and rearranged objects. I must have 'lost' the connection between the module and the room it was in.

I reset the module to its factory default state by sending a direct command to it (FA90xxyy440006000000FF), set the node to 0000, then did a reset on the module. Cortex recognised it as a new object, and I was able to allocate it to the kitchen. Now presence is detected, and the light comes on automatically!

Thanks for your help Paul.

Comment

• Paul_B
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jul 2006

No problem I just guided you in the right direction, you did all the hard work. Another suggestion when you get this sort of issue is to run the "Analyse database and network design" under tools menu it is pretty good when it comes to looking at you room structure. Finally, be aware that with door contacts and PIRs that Cortex has an in-built delay of 5 seconds before detecting presence is detected after door closure, this is to avoid false logic due to air circulation created when a door is closed (I think that was the explanation). Anyway if you are overly aggressive with light switching it can catch you out because of this phenomena

Good luck

Paul

Comment

Working...
            X