• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qba
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jun 2008

command aliases

From time to time I am using email to send command to idratek. I wonder if is it possible to create command aliases to make it simplier (not always have in mind all object names )?
    For example command alias 'open gate' cold trigger gate engine sending puls on command.
    I am curious if is it possible to create schedule event by sending email to idratek?
    Qba
  • Viv
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by qba View Post
    From time to time I am using email to send command to idratek. I wonder if is it possible to create command aliases to make it simplier (not always have in mind all object names )?
    For example command alias 'open gate' cold trigger gate engine sending puls on command.
    I am curious if is it possible to create schedule event by sending email to idratek?
    Qba
    When you say "create a schedule event by sending an email" I assume you are talking about making something happen via the email rather than introducing an new event in the 'Event Scheduler object'. The latter requires to many parameters to be set for it to be convienient and the preferred method is via the web server all the options are presented. See Cortex Mobile usage.

As for creating aliases as you describe, it is not possible. Again the best way is to use the Web Server which allows the control of most things in a user friendly way.

However you could try creating a macro say called 'Open Gate'. In the Macro you trigger what ever operation is required. Then in the email you could send 'Open Gate.Start' as a command to start the macro.

Viv

Comment

Working...
    X