Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Honeywell evohome and Warmup electric underfloor heating?

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi Rameses,

Thanks for the info.

So, do I need to keep my current Warmup thermostat then, or can I get rid of this? When you say leave the warmup "on", you mean at the mains?

Thanks
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    Matt - warmup is calculated load per m2 so you want to count up your total load (looking at the site its 150w per m2) . If its still less than 1.15kW (5A @230vac) then this is still a viable option.
    - The DT92 is the relay part. Really simple install, just put inline - set the zone up as zone valve - and leave your Warmup 'on' - the DT92 then performs the switching.

The DTS92 is the only sensor input allowed into evohome. The warmup will still have its own temp thermostat cut off I suspect - but you will need the DTS92 to provide a reading to allow the DT92 to switch (if you see what I mean). So you will not be able to avoid. There should be a high correlation with air temp and your floor though.

Evohome will still perform its 'learning' so will control the valuable 'time on' and 'time off' element.
    Hi Rameses.
    I have a similar Warmup set up in my bathroom floor and looking at getting an Evohome, but wanting to add in to control for the floor.
    Can I clarify you mention "the DT92 then performs the switching", do you mean BDR91 Wireless Relay Box does the switching, with it being installed as a zone valve controller?
    With my house I might be struggling to keep to 12 sensible zones and use a zone just for the floor (I would have 2 zones for the bathroom, one for radiator and one for electric floor.) does adding in an additional evohome controller give any extra options?

Anywhere we can see some additional information on how evohome works with second controller, can zones controlled by it be accessed remotely, do you need two gateways. can one controller see zones from other controller etc.

many thanks for your contributions to the forum.
    Regards Chapelhill.

Quote Originally Posted by chapelhill View Post
    Hi Rameses.
    I have a similar Warmup set up in my bathroom floor and looking at getting an Evohome, but wanting to add in to control for the floor.
    Can I clarify you mention "the DT92 then performs the switching", do you mean BDR91 Wireless Relay Box does the switching, with it being installed as a zone valve controller?
    With my house I might be struggling to keep to 12 sensible zones and use a zone just for the floor (I would have 2 zones for the bathroom, one for radiator and one for electric floor.) does adding in an additional evohome controller give any extra options?

Anywhere we can see some additional information on how evohome works with second controller, can zones controlled by it be accessed remotely, do you need two gateways. can one controller see zones from other controller etc.

many thanks for your contributions to the forum.
    Regards Chapelhill.
    Hi Chapelhill,

Just to clarify the DT92E is a combo pack consisting of a DTS92E wireless digital thermostat and BDR91 wireless relay box. The relay does the switching and the DTS92E is the temperature sensing. The Y87RF is also a combo pack and will also do the same if you want a nicer looking thermostat. I can also supply a larger Honeywell wireless relay box that can handle 10A and is fully compatible with evohome for larger electric UFH loads.

If you are going past 12 zones, rather than looking at a second controller for one extra zone why not use a connected single zone thermostat? This could be used on the same app as the evohome controller uses (just a different location) and would stop the problem with the central heating boiler firing for electric UFH demand.

Just to clarify two evohome Controllers would mean two RFG100's and the two evohome Controllers cannot see each other, they are just simply part of the same App set-up as a different location (say 'upstairs' as one location for one controller and 'downstairs' as the second controller on the app).

Hope that helps.

Richard

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
    Hi Chapelhill,

Just to clarify the DT92E is a combo pack consisting of a DTS92E wireless digital thermostat and BDR91 wireless relay box. The relay does the switching and the DTS92E is the temperature sensing. The Y87RF is also a combo pack and will also do the same if you want a nicer looking thermostat. I can also supply a larger Honeywell wireless relay box that can handle 10A and is fully compatible with evohome for larger electric UFH loads.

If you are going past 12 zones, rather than looking at a second controller for one extra zone why not use a connected single zone thermostat? This could be used on the same app as the evohome controller uses (just a different location) and would stop the problem with the central heating boiler firing for electric UFH demand.

Just to clarify two evohome Controllers would mean two RFG100's and the two evohome Controllers cannot see each other, they are just simply part of the same App set-up as a different location (say 'upstairs' as one location for one controller and 'downstairs' as the second controller on the app).

Hope that helps.

Richard
    Hello, I am interested in this 10A wireless relay. Which model is it?
    Thanks

Automated Home Lurker

Hi Guys,

First post here but longtime reader who just jumped into Evohome at Xmas, in large part thanks to the info here that I could integrate my small Warmup installation (circa 3m sq) and in the near future, Smartthings.

I've now obtained a Y87RF and had a good read about how to install it but I am stuck. Withing the Warmup, the installation is per the current install guide (http://www.warmup.co.uk/assets/Uploa...de-v4-2013.pdf) with teh following wires:

2. Connect to Power Supply (Live – MAX 240V)
    3. Connect to Power Supply (Neutral – MAX 240V)
    4. Connect to Warmup heater(s) (Neutral – MAX 3600W/ 16 Amps)
    5. Connect to Warmup heater(s) (Live – MAX 3600W/ 16 Amps)
    7. Connect to 1st wire of floor sensor (colour not important)
    8. Connect to 2nd wire of floor sensor (colour not important)

I get that I need to rewire ports 4 & 5 to the BDR91 (to N and middle L - see page 4 of http://www.honeywelluk.com/Documents...th%20links.pdf for diagram). What I am unclear on is what I should do with the wires currently in the Warmup. Can someone please advise where they need to go (the L on the right or A / B/ C)?

Thanks,

Xav

Automated Home Ninja Dan_Robinson's Avatar

If you're going over 10 amps then use a separate relay that is switched by the DT92e.

The relay will need housing somehow, but you can't make an omelette.......
    Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Automated Home Lurker

My requirement is for around 3m2 so around 0.5 amps which I think should be ok (its a small bathroom). Any recommendations on how to wire in the BDR91?

Quote Originally Posted by xavk View Post
    Hi Guys,

First post here but longtime reader who just jumped into Evohome at Xmas, in large part thanks to the info here that I could integrate my small Warmup installation (circa 3m sq) and in the near future, Smartthings.

I've now obtained a Y87RF and had a good read about how to install it but I am stuck. Withing the Warmup, the installation is per the current install guide (http://www.warmup.co.uk/assets/Uploa...de-v4-2013.pdf) with teh following wires:

2. Connect to Power Supply (Live – MAX 240V)
    3. Connect to Power Supply (Neutral – MAX 240V)
    4. Connect to Warmup heater(s) (Neutral – MAX 3600W/ 16 Amps)
    5. Connect to Warmup heater(s) (Live – MAX 3600W/ 16 Amps)
    7. Connect to 1st wire of floor sensor (colour not important)
    8. Connect to 2nd wire of floor sensor (colour not important)

I get that I need to rewire ports 4 & 5 to the BDR91 (to N and middle L - see page 4 of http://www.honeywelluk.com/Documents...th%20links.pdf for diagram). What I am unclear on is what I should do with the wires currently in the Warmup. Can someone please advise where they need to go (the L on the right or A / B/ C)?

Thanks,

Xav
    Hi Xav,

The BDR91 is only capable of 5A resistive load (about 1150w max).

The BDR91 should be wired with a permanent live and neutral to N & L, then a wire (correctly rated) should be wired between A and terminal 5 and then B should be wired to the UFH wire that would have gone to terminal 5.

I hope that helps.

Richard

Automated Home Lurker

Yes, thank you so much! All wired in today and seems to be working. Now to correctly pair and set it all up which should be fairly straight forward.

Automated Home Lurker

Hi Guys, i know this is an old thread but i have just joined the Evo world and found it very useful.

I have 2 x 10m2 warmup foil mat under laminate electric underfloor heating in 2 new loft rooms. I have taken the advice on here and connected the mats to the 10A Honeywell relay box, this is controlled by the DT92E stat, which is located fairly close to the floor. 1 of these setups per room and mat. I have not wired in a warmup thermostat as the loft rooms are extremely well insulated and the mats heat them up quickly so no issues with the wires being on for hours, overheating and breaking, which would be very costly at over 600 a mat.

I set these mats up prior to buying the evohome controller. The binding process is exactly the same as to the BDR91, and as a stand alone control was working great.

I have now bought the latest evohome wifi controller ATC928 and am in the process of setting it all up.

I have hit a stumbling point. I have bound the DT92E to the evohome controller and have conducted the RF test and have Excellent on the controller and 5 on the DT92E, so all should be good. However when i change the temperature on the controller or via my phone the stats dont update the temperature from the controller. so the relay box is not switched on and the heating remains unchanged.

I can get the DT92E to update the temperature from the controller if i press the up arrow. I then see a picture of a couple of lines and then an egg timer. At this point the stat has updated after this manual intervention and the relay box fires up the mats.

This happens on both setups.

I have set the mats up as zones on the controller.

Why are the stats not automatically receiving the temperature change? what have i done wrong? Do i also need to connect the relay box to the controller?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as i can not see any other source online that even mentions this setup possibility.

Many thanks in advance.