X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rameses
    Industry Expert
    • Nov 2014

Having had an evotouch freeze on me i discovered that a reboot can be done by removing the controller from the cradle. If you have a desktop unit just unplug the power cable and move around, reapplying power will not cause a reboot and all the syncing. If you have a wall mount i think it will reboot each time it is removed and replaced on the cradle.

I just read this. Evohome in the cradle should not reboot if removed?!

You have the rechargeable batteries in it right? (The ones that came with it)

I move mine from wall to mount and back with no loss. The rechargeable batteries then charge from either power source
    Last edited by Rameses; 27 January 2015, 01:15 AM.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• Mavis
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Oct 2014

Mine definitely did reboot a couple of times when I tried to put the controller back in the cradle. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I have not been able to replicate it. I just presumed that it was something to do with the contacts coming together at a funny angle or almost like a 'double click' action which caused it to reset.

When the clock stopped on the controller I did try and replicate it but couldn't and took the batteries out instead to reboot.

Comment

• HenGus
        Automated Home Legend
        • May 2014

Based on computers, pads, car navigation systems et al that I have used over the years, everything has a 'wobbly' and will re-boot itself. The difference with Evohome is the time that it takes to re-synch with all the zones which, to me at least, seems to be extraordinary long (90+ minutes in my case).

Comment

• Mavis
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Oct 2014

Mine is the same - one or two zones appear to sync fairly quickly but the remainder take ages. I didn't time it last week but I would say that it probably would have been about 90 minutes.

Comment

• G4RHL
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Mavis View Post
            Mine is the same - one or two zones appear to sync fairly quickly but the remainder take ages. I didn't time it last week but I would say that it probably would have been about 90 minutes.
            Have had my controller in and out of its charge plate many times and never had it reset. When I did a complete factory reset of everything a couple of weeks ago all were synced very quickly. 12 TRVs and I'd say it was done within 5 minutes. As I moved from one TRV to the next within a couple of minutes the previous one was synced. Never had a 90 minute delay.

A funny that did happen last night is I set the bedroom radiator to come on a little earlier to provide a little extra heat for my wife and left it believing that as the next trigger point was 23:00 it would run until then at the revised temperature and then go off. It didn't. Got no idea why. At 1:00 this morning I found in the app on my iPhone the override was still running and had to delete it. For some reason the system did not cancel the override at the next appropriate time change/setting.

Comment

• MichaelD
              Automated Home Guru
              • Mar 2006

I've just upgraded my system from 4 x CM67s HR80s to Evohome with a mixture of Hr80s and some HR92s, and am very impressed with the improvement, it is a substantially better system now. With the additional HR92s, there are now 11 zones, programmed to match our complicated working patterns. There must be well over 250 setpoints in there, which took me a whole afternoon to enter.

It was only when reading this that I found the Evohome controller has rechargeable batteries, that makes it easier to tweak settings, by removing it from the cradle.

But now have two worries, if the controller reboots, will that lose the settings? And if the power goes, will all the settings be preserved, couldn't go through that afternoon of entering all those setpoints again!

Comment

• HenGus
                Automated Home Legend
                • May 2014

Originally posted by MichaelD View Post

But now have two worries, if the controller reboots, will that lose the settings? And if the power goes, will all the settings be preserved, couldn't go through that afternoon of entering all those setpoints again!
                My controller re-set itself recently. It retained all the settings except for the faults log which is cleared. Also worth noting that some of the zones are slow to synch with a re-set controller - up to 90 minutes in my case.

Comment

• G4RHL
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jan 2015

Sync times. Because of other issues (Gateway access not working properly) I have this afternoon done a reset to see if it solves the other issues (it didn't) but in doing it I took note of the time each valve took to sync. 12 valves, each synced within 5 minutes. However, the one that has not is the BDR91 for the hot water. I configured it all using Richard's instructions found elsewhere in these pages - sensor, HW BDR91, CH BDR91 - all said success but am an hour in and the Control Panel does not seem to see the HW BDR91 yet. It reads the water temperature though. Suppose I must just wait!

Comment

• HenGus
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • May 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                    Sync times. Because of other issues (Gateway access not working properly) I have this afternoon done a reset to see if it solves the other issues (it didn't) but in doing it I took note of the time each valve took to sync. 12 valves, each synced within 5 minutes. However, the one that has not is the BDR91 for the hot water. I configured it all using Richard's instructions found elsewhere in these pages - sensor, HW BDR91, CH BDR91 - all said success but am an hour in and the Control Panel does not seem to see the HW BDR91 yet. It reads the water temperature though. Suppose I must just wait!
                    Sorry to hear about your issues. I understand that some Gateways have had PSU problems. I am not sure that you are saying about the HW BDR. It doesn't sync per se as I understand it. The only evidence that I have that the HW kit is working is the temperature under a caption Hot Water at the bottom left of the screen. If the Comms to either the HW or Heating actuators fail then this will show up as Comms faults in the faults log.

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

It probably does not sync in the same way the TRVs do but there was clearly a long delay before the system recognised it was there to be operated. A little over 1.5 hours and then it happened. I kept checking the light on the relay. Internally all is working but sadly no possibility of Internet access. Tomorrow I'll check to see if there is some way of resetting the gateway beyond simply disconnecting the power. Think there is by holding in the set up button for some time.

Now going to have wait another week or so whilst the system relearns itself. Keeps me out of mischief though!

Comment

• G4RHL
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jan 2015

I had tried several times to connect the Gateway last night with no success but at 06:06 today it was that eureka moment. It seems there is a long delay as with syncing whilst the Gateway establishes there is somebody out there to talk to before it is all happy you can register.

09:40 except at 09:30 this morning the problem returned. I can receive status reports in the app but can make changes using it. Now wait a response from support.
                        Last edited by G4RHL; 1 February 2015, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X