• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goody
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Oct 2014

HomeEasy & Homewizard

Hello

Over the last 6-7 years I have fitted quite a few HomeEasy sockets, switches, magnetic contacts etc in our home. A few months ago I heard about Homewizard which is a hub that connects to your home network and controls your Home Easy kit, garage doors and a lot of other brands.

Has anyone had any experience of Homewizard. It states in the manual on their website that it may interfere with other 433Mhz items. A bit concerning as I have a Friedland Wireless House Alarm using 433Mhz. I was hoping for something cheaper but if I suppose 'you get what you pay for' may come into it

I have looked at Indigo but I am not really sure especially when you also have to buy a RFXCOM RFXtrx433 and I'm not too sure if that works with a Mac, unless it is a plug'n'play. Also I seem to remember, you have to have something running the software 24hours like a mac mini??

I am just after any ideas that will help me to 'run' the HomeEasy stuff via my iPhone, iPad and/or iMac

Many thanks for your time

Goody
  • b_weijenberg
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Sep 2006

Yes, the RFXtrx433E can be used with Indigo on a Mac.

There are also some other Home Automation programs that can be used:
    -Domoticz or DomotiGa (on a Raspberry PI)
    -Homeseer
    -EventGhost
    -Open Source Automation
    -openHAB
    -FHEM
    -VERA

It supports: HomeEasy, LightwaveRF, Byron SX chime, Somfy RTS, RAEX motor, Oregon, LaCrosse, Cresta, TFA, OWL, X10 and more....
    See Will Support at http://rfxcom.com/store/Transceivers/14103

Comment

• JohnT
      • Oct 2014

from what i've heard homewizard is a good and cheap solution, but there is one thing which is pretty impractical: it has no return channel,so if you want to roll down your rollos per remote you can never be sure it actually worked.

Comment

• goody
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Oct 2014

Thanks for your help guys

Comment

• JohnT
          • Oct 2014

sure! keep us up-to-date

Comment

• JeremyOlm
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Dec 2014

I am not an expert when it comes to either electrical or system setups. Therefore, when we were viewing a few houses previously, I ensured my estate agent had done his research and brought us to a few houses which already had an existing system installed much earlier. It really does help to save a great amount of effort and time on our side, despite having to fork in a little bit more onto the house costs.
            Jeremy Olm

Comment

Working...
            X