Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie Evohome (Miss)Understanding

A faulty valve can fail stuck shut or with open, so without testing to see if the valve operates properly you cannot be certain of it is faulty or not. However if the radiator remains hot when the actuator is meant to be closed it does indicate a valve that no longer seals. If you had a valve stuck shut then the radiator would never get got regardless of whether the actuator was open or even removed.
    Sensible Heat
    SensibleHeat.co.uk

How did you get on?

My installer came back yesterday and changed the two existing radiator valves (the ones he hadn't changed in the original install). He commented that in future he would change all the valves routinely in an install.

So today I am going to set up my room thermostat in the sitting room first and see how I go. Hopefully it will give a more accurate reading - sitting room and bedroom feel different temps even though they are reading the same on the rad.

My next job will then be to explore further the IFTTT. I firstly want to try and set up something to fit in with son's shifts so something along the lines of if 'day shift' is in my calendar then start the heating early. Then I am going to explore geofencing.

Try creating your custom quick action schedule as the day shift schedule. .?
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    Try creating your custom quick action schedule as the day shift schedule. .?
    Never thought of that - especially as I have been using the day off option this week!

Some more general questions.
    1. The day off option - when I select this now with a long press (at 17.30pm Thursday) it says on the display Set the day off action until the morning of:- Friday 28 Nov (7 hours) Does this mean that nothing will happen tomorrow as it will reset at midnight. So if I want to select this the night before then I should long press and advance it to read Saturday (1 day). If I am on a day off then I probably would be better just setting an IFTTT if I was only just wanting to delay the start up in the morning rather than have all the setting as a Saturday.

2. I have set up the DT92E Thermostat but not sure if I have set it up correctly as the instructions talk about setting it up with the BDR91. All I have done is gone into the advanced settings, zone, Edit Zone, Living Room, Sensor, Remote RF Devices Sensor, and then pressed the binding (top) button on the thermostat. The message came up that it was successful. Does this mean now that the controller will take the reading from the thermostat now rather than the rad valve. (all the temperatures match). does the thermostat just show the current temperature in this setup. (when I press one of the buttons it shows 5 degrees C)

BTW this thermostat reads the same temp as the rad valve which I am quite surprised about as I was convinced that I would get a different reading. I read with interest your previous explanation about humidity, etc and would definitely agree about different rooms felling different even though the room temps are the same. After a few weeks, I will more the thermostat into the bedroom as that room is unbearably hot when the temp is supposedly the same as the living room.

Thermal comfort is influenced just as much by radiant effects as it is air temperature. Unfortunately the temperature sensors do not measure radiant effects, so if you have many cool surfaces in a room (such as glazing) then it will feel much colder even if the room is measuring exactly the same air temperature as another room with little or no cold surfaces. So don't be surprised if you need different values in different rooms to feel the same levels as comfort. Focus on the values that let you feel comfortable instead.