• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteveP
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2012

Evohome Mobile App - works on Blackberry BB10 O/S

For anyone who is considering the Evohome with gateway but does not have an Android device or IOS device but has a Blackberry running the BB10 O/S, I can confirm that the android version of the Evohome Mobile App will install on the BB10 O/S and runs perfectly. The absolute joy of managing you heating from any location in the house or whilst away from home is beyond words :-) All that is required is to sideload "snap" and then "snap" will access the google store and you can run the straight forward download and auto install of the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort App (It is free). Happy to provide a simple guide to setting up the blackberry to do the above although all the info is already available on the internet so it is nothing I have come up with. I have also downloaded IFTTT and added the evohome channel which works fine. However, the IFTTT uses native android location channels which aren't supported on the BB10 Android runtime environment. So I cant automatically turn of the heating when I leave the house :-(
  • ally153
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2014

Have you tried Life360? It's compatible with IFTTT and from memory there are native apps for all popular smartphones and allows you to track the whole household so that you can perform actions like "when the last person leaves the house, put Evohome in Economy mode". My partner has a Windows Phone and I've got an Android - the system works great for us .

Comment

• SteveP
      Automated Home Guru
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by ally153 View Post
      Have you tried Life360? It's compatible with IFTTT and from memory there are native apps for all popular smartphones and allows you to track the whole household so that you can perform actions like "when the last person leaves the house, put Evohome in Economy mode". My partner has a Windows Phone and I've got an Android - the system works great for us .
      Hi - I did look at that, it is purely that the Blackberry BB10 supports an android environment up to a point. Life360 and IFTTT are Android (or also windows for Life360) and to recognise the location one is currently at they need android or windows location services. Whilst the blackberry has its own location services, it does its best to support android apps in their own environment space but does not support the calls from the android app to native android services for info such as the current location. This is the same for Life360. The Blackberry BB10 android support for IFTTT does support channels such as weather so I can at least turn on the heating early automatically if it snows :-).

Comment

• Mavis
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Oct 2014

Quote ally153

I have had a dabble with this and think it has great potential but the problem I have is that son keeps switching Life360 off on his iphone as he 'doesn't want me spying in him' :-) and husband is on payg on his android so doesn't want to use his credit up.
        Last edited by Mavis; 3 December 2014, 01:07 PM. Reason: Missed the quote off

Comment

Working...
        X