• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VvrooomM
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Dec 2015

image.jpg

BDR's are away from metal, away from electrical items and when fixed will be 30cms apart. HW right is nearest to evohome base location. CH central and UF left. HW temp box will be sited 30cms left of UF as this is restricted by its cable length to HW tank.

Comment

• top brake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Feb 2015

They're not currently 30cm apart though. Hence why you may be getting comms issues
      I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• VvrooomM
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Dec 2015

Originally posted by top brake View Post
        They're not currently 30cm apart though. Hence why you may be getting comms issues
        They were 30cm apart before being pulled forward for painting and the error occurred straight after relocating, having full factory reset and rebound.

Same error as before relocating. HW actuator.

Comment

• VvrooomM
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Dec 2015

Now back on the wall all 30cms apart with same error returning after clearing. A new error this morning was 'mains LOW,00' - can't find any reference to this anywhere.

Comment

• DBMandrake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by VvrooomM View Post
            A new error this morning was 'mains LOW,00' - can't find any reference to this anywhere.
            Are you using the stand or wall mount for the evotouch ? If the wall mount do you have the transformer located behind the wall plate or remotely ?

I have seen this error when removing or putting the evotouch back onto the wall mount - it seems to occur if the 5 volt supply is deemed to be too low (despite the "mains" description) and the contacts on the back are not particularly tight IMO, which can lead to a momentary low voltage when moving it on the mount that is enough to trigger the mains low warning.

If you're using the wall mount with the transformer remotely located (as I do) it could be excessive voltage drop across the cable, (check the wire gauge and length recommendations in the install manual for the wall mount) but if you have only rarely seen it when attaching or removing it from the mount I wouldn't worry about it. A brief brownout of your mains supply in the house could also trigger the warning.
            Last edited by DBMandrake; 27 December 2015, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
              Are you using the stand or wall mount for the evotouch ? If the wall mount do you have the transformer located behind the wall plate or remotely ?

I have seen this error when removing or putting the evotouch back onto the wall mount - it seems to occur if the 5 volt supply is deemed to be too low (despite the "mains" description) and the contacts on the back are not particularly tight IMO, which can lead to a momentary low voltage when moving it on the mount that is enough to trigger the mains low warning.

If you're using the wall mount with the transformer remotely located (as I do) it could be excessive voltage drop across the cable, (check the wire gauge and length recommendations in the install manual for the wall mount) but if you have only rarely seen it when attaching or removing it from the mount I wouldn't worry about it. A brief brownout of your mains supply in the house could also trigger the warning.
              A number have reported problems using the wall mount. I have the same issue and the panel does not always make a good contact, indeed none. Wiggling it a little eventually gets it right and then don't touch it! A slight touch and it's back on battery power immediately. There has to be something wrong with the design of the wall mount. No issue with the desk top mount.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                A number have reported problems using the wall mount. I have the same issue and the panel does not always make a good contact, indeed none. Wiggling it a little eventually gets it right and then don't touch it! A slight touch and it's back on battery power immediately. There has to be something wrong with the design of the wall mount. No issue with the desk top mount.
                To be fair I have only seen the error a few times, and only when I was deliberately wiggling it around in it's socket.

I think the real issue may be that the voltage from the power adaptor for the wall plate is too low!

The table top stand clearly says 5V and the open circuit voltage measures 4.98 volts, however the open circuit voltage from the transformer that comes with the wall plate is only 4.1 volts! (At least mine is)

Allow for the load drawn by the evotouch controller and some cable resistance if the transformer is not at the wall plate end of the in-wall cabling and the voltage is probably even lower...

A 3rd party 5v supply might be an option, especially when remotely located in the boiler's wiring centre like mine is.
                Last edited by DBMandrake; 27 December 2015, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• VvrooomM
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Dec 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post

I'm using the base and always have done. Never had a wall mount. It's just one error after another, still can't clear the heating valve actuator error despite relocating BDR's and multiple full resets.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Sep 2014

I'm using the base and always have done. Never had a wall mount. It's just one error after another, still can't clear the heating valve actuator error despite relocating BDR's and multiple full resets.
                    What's the exact error you're getting - is it a comms fault ?

Do the relays still perform their function despite the errors ? (I have seen comms faults occur due to double bindings that did not actually prevent the relays performing their function)

I assume you have done a signal test (you have not said, at least in this thread) and you are getting a good signal reported from both ends ?

When you reset/rebound did you make sure you cleared the bindings on the BDR91's (15 second press) before rebinding them ?

Comment

• VvrooomM
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Dec 2015

Comms fault heating valve actuator.

They seem to work as intended but the fault keeps coming back. Everything cleared 15 secs and factory reset. Signal test all good.

Comment

• VvrooomM
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Dec 2015

Has it got the experts stumped??

Comment

• top brake
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Feb 2015

Has it got the experts stumped??
                          Have you checked that the BDR91s are correctly bound?

Comment

• VvrooomM
                            Automated Home Sr Member
                            • Dec 2015

Yes, I've factory reset twice and memory cleared 15secs and rebound more times than I can remember.

Comment

• VvrooomM
                              Automated Home Sr Member
                              • Dec 2015

On my iPhone app, I've also go two ghost rooms that don't exist. Any idea how to get rid of them? One shows -- for temp the other always 3 C.

Comment

• top brake
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Feb 2015

Yes, I've factory reset twice and memory cleared 15secs and rebound more times than I can remember.
                                Do you have boiler relay and heating valve relay? Did you check that the binding was deleted at the evohome under system devices?

Comment

Working...
                                X