Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Web API options for Cortex

In fact I do use the notification line for information about room occupancy but via the All Display object. I.e I'll have an entry in the All Display object such as 'Kitchen' with display text as 'Kitchen <Time>' and then in its connections I have the status updated by the kitchen occupied state output signal and the text line output to go into the Notification input of the relevant noticeboard object, and so on for other rooms. The same line could also notify me of doors being opened. The update rate is the refresh period. In fact the development notice board app goes one better - in that it has a multi-site capability and page rotation feature, so makes it handy for one tablet to bring up pages for different noticeboards which could be a mix of boards from your own site and others.

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi - just tried to download the notice board app and it's not an apk file but a zip one. Extracted the contents of this and still no apk... Am I doing it wrong or is there something not right with ii ???

Automated Home Legend chris_j_hunter's Avatar

.apk when we tried, just now - suspect you've maybe clicked a link further up the page ...

Quote Originally Posted by M.Harrison View Post
    Hi - just tried to download the notice board app and it's not an apk file but a zip one. Extracted the contents of this and still no apk... Am I doing it wrong or is there something not right with ii ???
    Apologies, it does download as a file with extension of .apk but due to some Wordpress setting it appears as a Zip format file to the client. This should now be corrected. So on an Android tablet the process is typically: Using a browser. click on the download link in our web page. This then downloads to the Download folder on the tablet. Then use whatever file manager app exists on the tablet to navigate to the Download folder (typically sdcard/Download) and then click on the IDRNBpls.apk file to install. Another option id to download elsewhere and e-mail as an attachment to the tablet and usually you can install from the attachment after agreeing to a security warning.

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi - Thanks for that - was beginning to make me wonder what was going on with getting it as a .zip when the file showed as a .apk ... - found that if I renamed the .zip to .apk it installed & worked OK. Not got it to work yet but haven't got the time at the mo to go and recheck that I did all the cortex config right... Will have another look later tonight hopefully..

Quote Originally Posted by M.Harrison View Post
    Hi - Thanks for that - was beginning to make me wonder what was going on with getting it as a .zip when the file showed as a .apk ... - found that if I renamed the .zip to .apk it installed & worked OK. Not got it to work yet but haven't got the time at the mo to go and recheck that I did all the cortex config right... Will have another look later tonight hopefully..
    Some typical gotchas:

- in the app: forgetting to use 'http://...' at front of URL (or https:// if using SSL)
    - in Cortex: not enabling the WebAPI in the Tools | Cortex API | Web API via Web Server window
    - in Cortex: not enabling 'Allow Access' in the Web server user settings menu