• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul_B
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2006

Smoke detectors interlink and panel

Morning all,

Can anyone recommend a domestic smoke detector system that has some sort of panel to show which detector has triggered? I want to use my loft space for some of the HA equipment and therefore will have detectors on at least three floors. If a fire were to start I would like to know which detector triggered.

Thanks

Paul
  • b_weijenberg
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Sep 2006

The KD101, FA20RF and Alecto SA30 smoke detectors are supported by the RFXCOM RFXtrx433E.
    Use a VERA, Domoticz, DomotiGa or Homeseer to display the status and send an alarm message to your phone.

Comment

• Paul_B
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
      The KD101, FA20RF and Alecto SA30 smoke detectors are supported by the RFXCOM RFXtrx433E.
      Use a VERA, Domoticz, DomotiGa or Homeseer to display the status and send an alarm message to your phone.
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search
      Thanks for the information. In researching your suggestion I came across a further alternative of using a Nest Protect. I have gone for the latter for the time being as it announces where the smoke is detected and has some additional features.

Paul
      Last edited by Paul_B; 21 December 2014, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
        Automated Home Legend
        • Dec 2007

there are sensors available with relay-outs, so why not just add them to your HA system, and have it tell which went off, and switch lights etc, too ... would give you more control on how it works & how it informs you of what's happened / happening ?

eg: (there will be others, so Google)

ORBIK offers a complete range of fire and safety products, from addressable fire alarm systems to disabled refuge solutions. Products are...

use sensors, or sensors + panel - we went for simple panel (shows which, gives certainty on where to go to find-out, gives one-stop control, and includes battery backup) and included the option for relay-outs, to signal to the HA system (so it could tell us & manage lights etc) - could also have used sensors with relay bases & skipped the panel (but we had more than three sensors, liked the informative panel & independent battery back-up, plus it allowed us to use the sounds for other things, too, like schools do for class-change) ... note that smoke sensors come in various types, to match specific threats !
        Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 22 December 2014, 11:17 AM.
        Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• Paul_B
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2006

Thanks Chris, will have a look at your suggestions

Paul

Comment

Working...
          X