• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digital
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2015

Evohome Valve Position

I have had my Evohome since before Christmas. It consists of 10 HR92 Radiator controllers, boiler relay and central controller.

My questions relates to the valve position indication option no 10 on the HR92 menu.

1) I noticed today my lounge radiator valve was open at 23% and my computer room valve was open at 10% the boiler relay was showing off
    and no water could be heard flowing through the system. Both rooms were showing 1 degree above their set temperature on the main control panel.
    Why do the valves not show fully closed i.e. 0%.

2)Sitting in my computer room which is set at 19.5 and now reading 19.5 on the main controller the valve has now moved to 50% and after waiting
    at least 5 mins the boiler relay has not come on. At what percentage does the valve need to be for the boiler relay to operate.

All comms checks to the valves report good signals and they operate on and off at the set times with no issues

Thanks in advance for any help or information.
    John
  • SteveP
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2012

I don't believe that it is purely dependant upon the valve position it is based on the room demands and how the evohome has evaluated the response of the room. I have noticed that it doesn't just turn on and off the valves but adjusts them in small fractions and also the on time of the pump. Having now had the system for 2 years, as long as the rooms feel right I just now leave the system to sort itself out and it does a great job. (I have 16 valves and 10 zones)

Comment

• digital
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jan 2015

Thanks for your reply.
      I understand the system is very clever and adjusts to meet the various demands of the house.
      I just was wondering why the valves do not fully close when they are 1 degree above their set temperature.
      Thanks
      John

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
        Site Sponsor
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by digital View Post
        I have had my Evohome since before Christmas. It consists of 10 HR92 Radiator controllers, boiler relay and central controller.

My questions relates to the valve position indication option no 10 on the HR92 menu.

1) I noticed today my lounge radiator valve was open at 23% and my computer room valve was open at 10% the boiler relay was showing off
        and no water could be heard flowing through the system. Both rooms were showing 1 degree above their set temperature on the main control panel.
        Why do the valves not show fully closed i.e. 0%.

2)Sitting in my computer room which is set at 19.5 and now reading 19.5 on the main controller the valve has now moved to 50% and after waiting
        at least 5 mins the boiler relay has not come on. At what percentage does the valve need to be for the boiler relay to operate.

All comms checks to the valves report good signals and they operate on and off at the set times with no issues

Thanks in advance for any help or information.
        John
        The HR92's have a 4mm throw but not all radiator valve pins have 4mm travel. If 100% is 4mm (fully open) and 0% is 0mm (fully closed) and the pin in your radiator valve only moves 3mm, the HR92 would naturally sit at 25% and would still be closed.

Comment

• digital
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
          The HR92's have a 4mm throw but not all radiator valve pins have 4mm travel. If 100% is 4mm (fully open) and 0% is 0mm (fully closed) and the pin in your radiator valve only moves 3mm, the HR92 would naturally sit at 25% and would still be closed.
          Thank you for your reply. I will have a look at the travel on my valve pins.
          thanks again
          john

Comment

Working...
          X