Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HR92s driving me nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    Regarding your comment about one room coming on - again this is a common question - it depends on evohome thinking about determining which direction your room temp is going. Temperature is NEVER static - its either rising or falling - evohome modulates both the room and the boiler to get the longest average. if it turns it on, and the sensor is saying the desired temp, then evohome is predicting the turn and operating to compensate.

My wife still finds it amusing I just 'Had' to have a Pebble watch to work with evohome.

Our years total gas bill reduction helped :-)

Wait till you discover IFTTT . . .

IFTTT

I have just taken delivery of the Loop Energy Monitoring system and part of this is a gas usage monitor. What is very interesting is that it shows a graph for the whole day (we only use gas for heating and hot water). I have only just installed it at the weekend but it is showing an isolated peak of gas at 1am every morning. Now, I haven't had chance to quiz the whole family yet (my options are hubby sneakily putting the heating on but that is a bit late for him, or son having a very late shower).

BTW, in our house it is very much role reversal - I love my gadgets!

Automated Home Guru

Thanks for all the replies - some great advice here!!

So I've switched on optimised start on the controller and activated the window open feature on all HR92's earlier this evening.

However the radiators are still just coming on at the time they are set to - for example our bedroom radiator was programmed to increase to 20C at 9pm. I assumed the optimised start system would switch it on before 9, but it didn't. The valve opened at 9pm as it did before. Is this normal?

Loop energy monitor is great, very useful.

image.jpg

Automated Home Legend

No, that isn't normal. It was warmer earlier this week and I have my bedroom temp set to read 18C at 7.10 am. Mon and Tues, the whirr came at 6.50am. Last night it snowed, this morning the whirr was at 6.35am. Remember it also works in reverse. If you go to bed at 11pm and set a target temp of 10C (dropping from 20c) then expect to hear the TRVs close at about 10pm. You can change the way this works. Sadly, Honeywell's guide does not assume that the end user will ever need to fiddle with the installer menu.

Quote Originally Posted by garmcqui View Post
    Thanks for all the replies - some great advice here!!

So I've switched on optimised start on the controller and activated the window open feature on all HR92's earlier this evening.

However the radiators are still just coming on at the time they are set to - for example our bedroom radiator was programmed to increase to 20C at 9pm. I assumed the optimised start system would switch it on before 9, but it didn't. The valve opened at 9pm as it did before. Is this normal?

Loop energy monitor is great, very useful.

image.jpg

Wait a week
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

A quick question about Optimisation. Looking in the settings menu on the controller at the Optimisation section, mine is set to Off. Is this option for the whole system or only if you are using the Controller in place of an HR92.

Automated Home Legend

My experience is 'whole system'. I have 12 zones including one zone (hall/landing/stairs) controlled from the controller. All 12 zones optimise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavis View Post
    A quick question about Optimisation. Looking in the settings menu on the controller at the Optimisation section, mine is set to Off. Is this option for the whole system or only if you are using the Controller in place of an HR92.
    Depends on where you are seeing this. If its at the top level menu (doing from memory) then it will affect the whole system. If you are seeing this within the zone edit, you can also toggle optimisation under the specific zones, so this will only affect this zone.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

I will have to double check tonight but I am almost certain that it is not in the zone edit menu. Will have a 'play' tonight.

Automated Home Legend

Yes it is. Settings/Zone Settings/Edit Zone/choose zone/ press bottom right grey arrow/Application Setting - you are there.

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    Yes it is. Settings/Zone Settings/Edit Zone/choose zone/ press bottom right grey arrow/Application Setting - you are there.
    Sorry, didn't mean that it wasn't in the individual Zone Settings, just that I think that I saw it as an overall option also.