X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HenGus
    Automated Home Legend
    • May 2014

Let me add experience to my comments above. I have a two TRV bedroom and en-suite. The bedroom TRV sits behind long curtains. When I turned on my CH, this valve was motoring every few minutes. I deleted the zone and re-instated it binding the en-suite TRV first. The bedroom TRV now follows what happens in the en-suite.

Comment

• Mavis
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
      Ladies have big bags. Once you get it in tell him you have always had it. Or perhaps its been aware for repair.

I'm waiting for something bigger to arrive. A Musaic Music/Radio system, that despite playing music anywhere from other devices can operate lights using LWRF stuff. Not sure if it will operate Evohome though!. Perhaps having it set to play night music when the valves open and close. Having said that it is LWRF that need that sort of operation, unlike Evohome their valves make an horrendous noise!
      Hmmm. Maybe I was too quick to buy Sonos. This looks interesting - wished I knew about it at the start, I might have invested in the crowdfunding.

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

Thanks HenGus.

It is really too early for me to make much comment but after reading about the order of binding I swapped over my TRVs in my lounge. This was early this afternoon. After about an hour I noticed I was getting a more accurate reading comparing the display to a room thermometer than before.

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

Thought of Sonos but then thought it may not be flexible enough for me then up came Musaic on Kickstarter. I should probably get my units in about 6 weeks it seems. I take it you have smuggled your new gear home OK now?!!

Comment

• Mavis
            Automated Home Ninja
            • Oct 2014

Thought of Sonos but then thought it may not be flexible enough for me then up came Musaic on Kickstarter. I should probably get my units in about 6 weeks it seems. I take it you have smuggled your new gear home OK now?!!
            Managed to get straight in the bedroom and hide it in the back of the wardrobe. Will get it set up on Sunday whilst he is fiddling about in the garage. ... Now I have been distracted by the Kickstarter website.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
              Site Sponsor
              • Dec 2014

Two different views. Last TRV takes the sensor lead in a multi TRV zone or the first? Can anybody provide a clear, positive and correct answer? Something else for Honeywell to put in a revised and more helpful manual.
              When you are binding HR92's to a 'zone' look at the question it asks with the 'first' HR92 you bind, it clearly says bind a 'sensor' to the zone not a HR92! Therefore, the first HR92 is the zone 'sensor' and all the additional HR92's are slaves! This is however turned on its head when you change the setting of the zone to 'zone containing multiple rooms' as this then activates the sensors in all the HR92's bound to that zone.

Confused? You will be!

Comment

• Mavis
                Automated Home Ninja
                • Oct 2014

All good again with the optimisation - this morning I heard the hall radiator whir at about 7.40 this morning - radiator set to come on at 8am.

Comment

• HenGus
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • May 2014

You were having a lie in then.

Comment

• G4RHL
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jan 2015

Probably planning when she can configure her new Sonos system!

Comment

• Mavis
                      Automated Home Ninja
                      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
                      You were having a lie in then.
                      Probably planning when she can configure her new Sonos system!

Plotting when the right time is - not plucked up the courage yet.

Comment

• HenGus
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • May 2014

Originally posted by Mavis View Post

Plotting when the right time is - not plucked up the courage yet.
                        I will tread where angels fear. You could try a warm room (courtesy of Evohome), a cool glass of wine, romantic music (courtesy of Deezer and your Sonos £49 speaker), and the rest I will leave to you......

Comment

Working...
                        X