• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mavis
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Oct 2014

Evohome Controller Clock

I got up this morning at 6am and found that the heating had not 'come on'. (4 radiators are set to come on at 6am so at 6am the house is normally warm) Upon further investigation the clock on the main controller was reading 5.26am. I went into settings and reset the time (the date was correct) and the heating came on - ie the controller was sending signals to the HR92s. But 10 minutes later the time had not changed. I reset it again but it still did not change. I then took the batteries out and did a reset and all now appears normal.

I am at work now so can't see the controller but I have just checked the app and at least one room has been through a set point so I would presume from that, that all is well.

Will this just be one of those things or an indicator of problems to come.

BTW I checked the fault log and there was nothing new on it.
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Sounds like you have managed to ensure time stands still!

Might be worth checking the rechargeable batteries. Such do not last for ever. Although you cannot have had the controller that long as the system is recent. Not in the control panel but in one of my TRVs I replaced the batteries it came with two days ago. I had to as the originals were indicating virtually no power left. The TRV was new in December last - so much for an estimated 2 year life span. However, these things happen from time to time. Just might be the batteries are not happy.

At least you can check it from work!

Comment

• Mavis
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Oct 2014

System was new in August and the controller stays in it's cradle - when I took it off to take a closer look, the battery gauge was full, although I know that doesn't tell you the health of the batteries. Interestingly my TRV in the bathroom is only showing 2 bars compared to the rest - that is the only one that I use the dial on when I want a quick boost of heat.

Comment

Working...
      X