Page 1 of 42 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in evohome? (have your say)

Default What would you like to see in evohome? (have your say)

Hello

We are humbled by how supporting the community has been around evohome. Especially those who have helped others 'understand' the complexities of heating and energy control (not the most exciting party topic we know).

We do as much research and testing as possible - but there have been some good ideas here and we want to listen more - so . . if you want please post your top 3 (put more or less if you want) things you would want to see in evohome. Whilst we cannot promise it will be done, we promise to listen. Go nuts :-)

Please keep to a format like this

1) xxxxx
    2) xxxxx
    3) xxxxx
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Thanks Rameses, these are mine...

1) Browser Control
    2) Ability to Save Out Schedules and Reload next Winter, Summer etc
    3) Notify controller and app of locally set target temps
    4) Don't allow H92 to be turned 'OFF' so easily

M.

Automated Home Legend

My penny worth!

1. An additional one or perhaps 2 customisable menus.
    2. Better and clearer instructions in the manuals with detail of what the settings actually do plus of course details of the configuration menu for the TRVs
    3. The app properly configured for the iPad to actually do all the controller does. Plus aesthetically it could look a lot nicer. The screen on the controller looks better.

A fourth? Perhaps web access but not too bothered about that.

Automated Home Guru

here's a few

1. web browser control

2. local temp override from hr92 reflected in the controller (don't know why this doesn't happen now ?)

3. season schedules - ie specific schedules depending on the time of year - or save/load as suggested

4. one off schedules for when guests stay over in the spare room or you need out of the ordinary heating requirements. i.e. "trigger once" schedules

5. decent ipad/tablet app

6. data logging of zone temperatures and boiler demand over time (via honeywell website - or running webserver on the gateway ?)

7. improve ergonomics of the gui (as per Otto-home's review)

8. more customisable settings - maybe make these able to be scheduled ?

9. decent technical documentation for the end-user

10. fix the annoying (for me anyway !) issue on the controller where if you set an event between midnight and 2:00am it appears next day (Ios app doesn't do this)

11. option to turn off the beep when the controller is removed from the cradle (or set it so it beeps only every hour)

12. put indicator on controller (and app) for 'boiler demand'

13. ability to remove a zone from initiating 'boiler demand' so that you can use a bdr91 to control electric underfloor heating without the boiler coming on
    Last edited by orange; 20th January 2015 at 11:25 AM.

Automated Home Guru

1. Geo-fencing. Ability to have EvoHome app on multiple phones detect everyone has left the house and set it to Economy mode. Then detect people are returning and turn Economy mode off. Similar to functionality in Tado.

2. Support for either S Plan Plus systems, or partial installs. At the moment, you need to do a 100% install in a house, this can prove cost prohibitive in a large install ie. I have 19 radiators in my home and probably need control over only 7/8 of them to get the most benefit from EvoHome.

3. Reporting of temperature over time. Doesn't need to be permanently active, but would be useful to turn on for a 48 hour period to check overnight temps in rooms.

4. Open and published API access. Allow interface from Home Automation vendors, ie. a lot of what we are seeing with Nest just now.

5. Tablet (iPad and Android) app that emulates the controller. Same GUI etc.

Here are mine (I have repeated some of the above in case you want to see what is popular although all a good). No particular order

1. Ability to input a more complex schedule (for those whose week to week is not the same) Maybe a less complex solution would be to have the ability to schedule a quick action in advance.
    2. Notify controller and app of locally set target temps
    3. Better and clearer instructions in the manuals with detail of what the settings actually do plus of course details of the configuration menu for the TRVs
    4. Be able to overide with the controller or remotely, a TRV that is set to OFF manually.

Automated Home Legend

I would just add a plea for reporting. When things go wrong in the quiet hours (e; the CH running for a minute) it would be nice to know the trigger. Was it a drop below a room target temperature or something else?

Automated Home Sr Member

1. Geofencing
    2. Ability to see actual temp to the decimal
    3. Option to turn TPI off

Automated Home Legend

2. USB updates on Evohome Controller Firmware.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    2. USB updates on Evohome Controller Firmware.
    or firmware updates over the air like they do with the gateway (assume this happens already ?)

(AFAIK there haven't been any controller firmware updates so far.)