What would you like to see in evohome? (have your say)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by greyhound1234 View Post
    1. A serious debug of the firmware and TPI algorithms...
    2. User-defined periods and zones that can be 'advanced' and come on earlier, if an infra red sensor picks up the house is occupied.
    3. Ability to see if a local override has been set via radiator valve, and also to cancel it.
    4. More custom settings than 1. e.g. so I can have 'visitor mode' for when second bedroom is in use. Also 'wife is cold mode' which heats all zones by 1 degree more...

some of these features and interactions can be achieved by integration with IFTTT 'IF' and DO' Apps, worth investigating...
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• bluemike1676
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
      Hello

We are humbled by how supporting the community has been around evohome. Especially those who have helped others 'understand' the complexities of heating and energy control (not the most exciting party topic we know).

We do as much research and testing as possible - but there have been some good ideas here and we want to listen more - so . . if you want please post your top 3 (put more or less if you want) things you would want to see in evohome. Whilst we cannot promise it will be done, we promise to listen. Go nuts :-)

Please keep to a format like this

1) xxxxx
      2) xxxxx
      3) xxxxx
      Overall the evohome system is very good with many useful functions but it could be made even better. The hardware engineering is excellent but the software design seems less mature.

The top items:
      • Decent config UI (the end user UI is v good but the config UI is poor) - this is by far my biggest ask and would make such a fantastic difference plus not hard to do.
      • Decent detailed documentation about how the system works and the different config options. For instance explaining how the objects/data is structured internally and how each relates to the other. What are the permissible configuration scenarios, recommended configurations for a range of different types of existing system such as sundial S plan, sundial S plan plus etc., guidance on how to divide up the system into zones etc.

Other requests:
      • Ability to configure the system through a web browser on an PC
      • Better error reporting
      • A way for the controller to show you the current configuration. For instance how many sensors in each zone, what types of sensors, what actuators etc.
      • A way to see which sensors are requesting heat and which actuators have been turned on as a result
      • More fine grained ability to link bound sensors and actuators to a zone and other elements of the configuration
      • The ability to change which sensors are active in a zone
      • An acceptance that the firmware in controller may need to be upgraded (someone said '…why make it upgradable, people buy it for the function it has today…'. Perhaps but evohome is an expensive system (I have invested over £1,500 and still climbing) and at this level of investment one needs confidence the system can grow with you over time and any flaws that may be found will be fixed)

Thanks,

Mike

Comment

• willcurrie
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Apr 2015

A couple of things spring to mind.
        1. Outside temp sensor with auto heating off threshold in controller (do users really need to buy a netatmo and use ifttt for this basic function?)
        2. Options to be a be to select the demand call threshold in the integral (TPI) calculation
        3. Longer options in the minimum run time

As this is my first post .......... Hello everyone

Comment

• davidaj
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
          Couple more things

Life360 is by far best way for mutli device geofencing for evohome.

Ifttt triggers. Coming soon. ;-)
          Any update on when this will be available? How soon is "soon"?

Comment

• davidaj
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by top brake View Post
            Thanks much appreciated.

There have been no software updates promised or implemented on the colour evo.
            Been a while since I checked this thread, and appears absolutely nothing has been delivered so far based on these suggestions. The quote above from top brake is effectively saying we will not get an update (and a previous post from Rameses backs this up I recall).

I'm concluding that the reason for requesting our suggestions is to implement these in the next version of evohome, and not to benefit those actually making the suggestions by updating the existing version. If it turns out to be this way, we've all been taken for a ride, so perhaps it's time to put your money where your mouth is Honeywell, and actually deliver some updates and prove me wrong...

Comment

• top brake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by davidaj View Post
              Been a while since I checked this thread, and appears absolutely nothing has been delivered so far based on these suggestions. The quote above from top brake is effectively saying we will not get an update (and a previous post from Rameses backs this up I recall).

I'm concluding that the reason for requesting our suggestions is to implement these in the next version of evohome, and not to benefit those actually making the suggestions by updating the existing version. If it turns out to be this way, we've all been taken for a ride, so perhaps it's time to put your money where your mouth is Honeywell, and actually deliver some updates and prove me wrong...
              are you joining the webchat tonight?

Comment

• roydonaldson
                Automated Home Guru
                • Jan 2013

I can't make it due to being at a conference (funnily enough we are just opposite the Honeywell building in Amsterdam). Will the webchat be recorded and available to review the next day ?

Comment

• davidaj
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Jan 2015

I will, but I would be more interested in the detailed docs that Rameses announced would be forthcoming - such detail cannot be covered in a webchat format. Also, some announcement of improvements being rolled out, such as evohome triggers in IF, which seems more likely than a firmware update to the controller or actuators.

Comment

• top brake
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Feb 2015

I will, but I would be more interested in the detailed docs that Rameses announced would be forthcoming - such detail cannot be covered in a webchat format. Also, some announcement of improvements being rolled out, such as evohome triggers in IF, which seems more likely than a firmware update to the controller or actuators.
                    the webchat is a great opportunity to put your questions,requests and suggestions directly to Honeywell, senior Honeywell guys joining the webchat that are not normally on the forum

Comment

• davidaj
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Jan 2015

the webchat is a great opportunity to put your questions,requests and suggestions directly to Honeywell, senior Honeywell guys joining the webchat that are not normally on the forum
                      I have posted two questions on the webchat thread - one pertinent to the current warm weather in London (a new experience for me since owning evohome!), and one to effectively summarise all the points on this thread.

Comment

• Rameses
                        Industry Expert
                        • Nov 2014

I am sorry but your conclusion is miss-placed. The original idea of this thread was to provide a central area for all the suggestions to reside.
                        As I say, " please post your top 3 (put more or less if you want) things you would want to see in evohome. Whilst we cannot promise it will be done, we promise to listen. Go nuts :-)"
                        We perform our own research, workshops and focus groups, and this forums offers valuable insight to help us to improve the current product if we can, or future products if we can. We are asking forum members to volunteer ideas and comments.
                        Where we can make a change, and the resources are available to do so, we will. If we cannot we will try to fold it into future products, again if sufficient grounds to do so. Many of your suggestions could provide foundation questions for our own research. Each suggestion could be evaluated on a wider scale, across a broader audience and across many countries and cultures. All at the same time ensuring that we do not compromise the core offering of the product including the security and quality of service.

Honeywell will never compromise users security or the core service offering, in a rush to provide updates.

With regards to your Q on IFTTT triggers. This is on the roadmap. No it does not require a FW update. But it does require a change on our infrastructure which has to be planned and tested to ensure the comments I mention above. We are progressing as fast as is possible.
                        getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• courcirc8
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Dec 2014

1) Update firmware to remove actual bugs
                          2) Open RF protocol
                          3) add ability to monitor temperatures over time
                          4) save/reload schedules
                          5) add possibility to program through PC (USB)
                          6) please, please remove bugs before implementing anything else

Comment

• chrisgare
                            Automated Home Guru
                            • Dec 2013

I've been an Evohome user since the old system was announced and have always been very pleased. The features I'd like to see are:

1. Ability to see which zone is creating demand and thus turning boiler on (just comparing target and actual temperatures is not adequate). Just an icon in the zone display is fine. This would help clearly identify which room are 'heating hogs'.
                            2. A bigger ask - ability to auto-log room temperatures through the eternal connector.
                            3. More free-from quick Actions.
                            4. Button to clear error log.

Chris

Comment

• simonholley
                              Automated Home Lurker
                              • Apr 2015

Thanks for the ask. I'm a new user and immediately I'd like to see
                              a) some kind of indicator on the controller on the app to tell if the boiler is on and what zone is demanding it. This could be a little flame icon in the corner of a zone? Also along with this some kind of reporting over history of when the boiler was on
                              b) if I adjust the temp on the radiator HR92 then this should show as an override on the central controller/apo
                              c) more custom quick actions and better detail in them. Eg - make the bedroom and living room 21deg and everything else 16deg etc etc

Thanks
                              Simon

Comment

• PRH
                                Automated Home Lurker
                                • Jun 2015

1) All that has already been said particularly boiler demand and where from.
                                2) Perhaps a strange request but I would like to be able to control the water temp at different times of the day - why you ask - previous house owner fitted a solar collector on the roof but it only collects if the heat from the sun is greater than the heat in the tank (seems obvious so far). It would be nice to still be able to heat the water in the winter to a lower temperature during the day to squeeze as much free stuff out of the sun where possible then bring it up to full temperature in the early evening but have to put less heat in from the boiler!
                                3) External thermometer to enable switch on times to be calculated more accurately
                                4) I prefer the GUI on the ipad app to the one on the controller

Comment

Working...
                                X