What would you like to see in evohome? (have your say)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

I don't think a pro system with the same features exists any more. Hometronic was sold as the Pro version to CM Zone, both of which were phased out when Evohome came on the scene. Controlling two actions with IFTTT is quite easy using the webhooks. But yes you can link the two controllers to the same Evohome app and location.
    Its one of the few times when multiple devices bound to a single BDR91 or R8810 makes things so easy
    Last edited by bruce_miranda; 16 November 2020, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• Me-again
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Oct 2020

DbMandrake, found it, I didn't realize the small blue rounds could be clicked on for that purpose. I thought they just indicated how long it would be for the idle screen to activate with the one selected. Very happy now I can see all zones continually.

Comment

• MrBoy
        Automated Home Guru
        • May 2017

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
        I don't think a pro system with the same features exists any more. Hometronic was sold as the Pro version to CM Zone, both of which were phased out when Evohome came on the scene. Controlling two actions with IFTTT is quite easy using the webhooks. But yes you can link the two controllers to the same Evohome app and location.
        Its one of the few times when multiple devices bound to a single BDR91 or R8810 makes things so easy
        I wasn't sure smart systems would support multiple honeywell locations/logins but if they do it makes it much simpler. Tend to use either the Honeywell app or IFTTT rather than the physical controller so they could largely be relegated as thermostats in two different rooms perhaps!

edit: I only just noticed you said multiple controllers can control the same valve, is that meaning the same valve can be in 2 zones one in each controller? Wouldn't they end up fighting over it?

Comment

• gordonb3
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by MrBoy View Post
          I wasn't sure smart systems would support multiple honeywell locations/logins but if they do it makes it much simpler. Tend to use either the Honeywell app or IFTTT rather than the physical controller so they could largely be relegated as thermostats in two different rooms perhaps!

edit: I only just noticed you said multiple controllers can control the same valve, is that meaning the same valve can be in 2 zones one in each controller? Wouldn't they end up fighting over it?
          Pretty sure he meant the system main valve, but I don't think you can assign a single BDR91 unit to two different control systems and it will most likely be a bad idea to place two opentherm modulating units in parallel as well. You could definitely do it with two on/off modules though.

Comment

• DBMandrake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by gordonb3 View Post
            Pretty sure he meant the system main valve, but I don't think you can assign a single BDR91 unit to two different control systems and it will most likely be a bad idea to place two opentherm modulating units in parallel as well. You could definitely do it with two on/off modules though.
            You can pair up to 4 controllers to each BDR91.

So in the case of a two Evotouch system you would have only one controlling the hot water relay (if you had hot water control) and then both controllers would be paired to the heating zone valve relay and boiler relay if fitted.

Although I don't know for sure, I suspect the TPI duty cycle produced by the BDR91 is simply Max(A,B) of the heat demand from the two different controllers bound to it... (which could lead to some overshoot interaction between them, like you can get between zones, although load scaling would help a lot there by avoiding most large swings)

Comment

• MrBoy
              Automated Home Guru
              • May 2017

Ah yes I always get my part number mixed up.

IIRC the "heat-demand" facility is only applicable to some boilers, is it OpenTherm(?) and older boilers it's simply on/off anyway?

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by MrBoy View Post
                IIRC the "heat-demand" facility is only applicable to some boilers, is it OpenTherm(?) and older boilers it's simply on/off anyway?
                The controller still uses heat demand with a BDR91 - it controls the percentage of time that the relay is on in each (by default) 10 minute cycle.

So yeah, it's "on/off", but the proportions of on and off vary with heat demand.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jul 2014

Originally posted by gordonb3 View Post
                  Indeed you can. You can pair a single OTB or a single BDR91 to 4 controllers. The end result is always the sum of all the devices.

Comment

• bbstrikesagain
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Dec 2020

1) System Summary access directly from Home screen. Really useful status information, shouldn't be hidden behind settings and confirmation dialogue.
                    2) More than 4 zones on idle screen - e.g. 6 or 8?
                    3) Idle screen option to display System Summary
                    4) System Summary for 1) and 4) enhanced by including actual and target temperatures
                    5) Touch controller temperature displayed on screen as a handy portable room thermometer when not being used as sensor for any zone

System summary is great way to educate user that boiler and valves are all proportional and explain a little about what is going on and why
                    Last edited by bbstrikesagain; 4 January 2021, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• DarkV
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Dec 2020

A minimum temperature per zone. Currently I have rooms that are set to 10° (program) which heat up to 16° when I set my system to away which is rather stupid.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Mar 2017

Notifications when a zone isn't heating correctly after say 1/2 hour or so.

Comment

• Fly100
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Sep 2018

Id like some extra control over zone valves. My Heating has to be be set to a Zone valve, ( as per Honeywell Support) so have no control over the Boiler Cycling or the overrun times etc.

Comment

• Bilbomacuser
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Jan 2021

1. Quieter radiator controllers
                            2. More zones
                            3. HomeKit support
                            4. Modern iPad app (not a tiny area in the middle of the 12.9" iPad screen that only works in Portrait orientation, grr)
                            5. More appropriate battery alerts - reporting as a fault seems inappropriate
                            6. More modern battery technology than AA batteries
                            7. Mesh type communications between components, to eliminate any chance of range issues - if Hue lights can do this then Evohome should
                            8. Clearer roadmap for the future - a previous mention of Evohome not being compatible with newer devices because of lack of encrypted communications suggested Evohome was being left behind / not a priority for Honeywell

Comment

• SteveP
                              Automated Home Guru
                              • Dec 2012

More custom zones - ideally full schedules that can be selected as required

Comment

• frankmalia
                                Automated Home Sr Member
                                • Apr 2019

FAMILY Geofencing Support Added Back to IFTTT, since was removed due to Life 360 not supporting IFTTT..

The single user Geofencing is useless, no point turning heating off on the family when I go out..

I loved this Life 360 IFTTT function and think Honeywell should support this being enabled again.

Comment

Working...
                                X