Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in evohome? (have your say)

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    You can do that with Economy Mode. Turns everything down 3 degrees (although loads of us wish that was configurable) for a specified number of hours.

P.
    Don't believe that to be true. I tried this last night and found that it would turn all zones down by 3 degrees until the next set point change. This doesn't really satisfy my suggestion, as the set points are more than likely not before you get home (or even if they are, it's a faff to change them for one outing).

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Long press on the Economy Mode button to configure the hours.

It does actually explain this on the Quick Actions screen,although it's easy to miss.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    Long press on the Economy Mode button to configure the hours.

It does actually explain this on the Quick Actions screen,although it's easy to miss.
    Fair play. I'll give this a go tonight.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by killa47 View Post
    If you need to see what channels are operating within your access point/router range - I use InSSIDer on Windows [XP/7/8/10 etc]. Tells you which channels in use for your house and others surrounding you.
    Thanks Killa47. I have downloaded InSSIDer. Very helpful.

We haven't had an entry on the wishlist for some time, so I thought I'd pipe up!

I'd like to see Smart Actions able to be applied on a per-zone basis. i.e. to be able to set my Bedroom to Economy Mode, while leaving the rest of the house as-is. Or even better, rather than quick actions, apply a temperature offset on a per zone basis.

Why? Well, as I start to connect Evohome with other devices via the API and integrations, I'd like to be able to do things like "If bedroom window is open then lower the bedroom setpoint by 5 degrees". Open Window mode in the HR92s is pretty useless in my experience, and although I can write scripts to lower a setpoint by 5 degrees (that's easy) it gets overwritten at the next scheduled temperature change.

I think the main use for this would be in automation, so I don't even think it would need to be exposed on the controller GUI (probably the main stumbling point with requests like this). Only in the API.

Automated Home Guru

Yes a good idea and reflects what a modern /inform user wants to do.

I'm in my 8-month of Evohome installation and usage and with the holiday season coming I've been trying to turn off the heating, easy I'll switch it off from the quick functions but to my surprise DHW continues to operate, so unless I'm missing the obvious I'd like a means of turning off everything HTG and DHW. I'll need to turn off the boiler when we go away unless there is a command to do this.

Away quick action does this. (with frost protection)
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

You'll notice the Off QA is actually called "HEATING OFF". There's a clue there!

Big red switch is what you need for everything off.

Automated Home Guru

Ah yes but to me Heating off is not the same as DHW off as nearly every system has separate controls for HTG and DHW. I'll try 'away' ironically the only one I have not tried as it says temperatures are turned down to 15C but no mention of DHW but it transpires it does, therefore there are gaps in the User Guide and I think Honeywell should augment the user guide accordingly.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by g6ejd View Post
    Ah yes but to me Heating off is not the same as DHW off as nearly every system has separate controls for HTG and DHW. I'll try 'away' ironically the only one I have not tried as it says temperatures are turned down to 15C but no mention of DHW but it transpires it does, therefore there are gaps in the User Guide and I think Honeywell should augment the user guide accordingly.
    I'll accept that it is not intuitive but I do not see the above as an issue. Heating OFF is what it says it is, and DHW is an alternative part of the control system which I turn off, when required, by making a permanent change to OFF. There are always gaps in User Guides because the people writing them understand the system and are blind to any potential issues. Furthermore, most blokes never read manuals as we see it as a weakness to do so.