Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041

Thread: What would you like to see in evohome? (have your say)

Automated Home Ninja

Notifications when a zone isn't heating correctly after say 1/2 hour or so.

Automated Home Jr Member

Id like some extra control over zone valves. My Heating has to be be set to a Zone valve, ( as per Honeywell Support) so have no control over the Boiler Cycling or the overrun times etc.

Automated Home Jr Member

1. Quieter radiator controllers
    2. More zones
    3. HomeKit support
    4. Modern iPad app (not a tiny area in the middle of the 12.9" iPad screen that only works in Portrait orientation, grr)
    5. More appropriate battery alerts - reporting as a fault seems inappropriate
    6. More modern battery technology than AA batteries
    7. Mesh type communications between components, to eliminate any chance of range issues - if Hue lights can do this then Evohome should
    8. Clearer roadmap for the future - a previous mention of Evohome not being compatible with newer devices because of lack of encrypted communications suggested Evohome was being left behind / not a priority for Honeywell

Automated Home Guru

More custom zones - ideally full schedules that can be selected as required

Automated Home Sr Member

FAMILY Geofencing Support Added Back to IFTTT, since was removed due to Life 360 not supporting IFTTT..

The single user Geofencing is useless, no point turning heating off on the family when I go out..

I loved this Life 360 IFTTT function and think Honeywell should support this being enabled again.

Automated Home Legend

Arising from a different post in the forum I think one of the most important things I would like to see, as would many many others, is better communication from Honeywell/Resideo. There isn’t any unless it’s a message the system has gone down for maintenance.

Automated Home Guru

Fixing the basics that have been outstanding for years, like battery management, and improving support/communications would be a better first step rather than adding more smart features that make EvoHome even more complicated and confusing for the average homeowner. EvoHome is already only really suitable for the smart home enthusiast, i know of at least one previous forum member who decided it was to complicated and has opted for a simpler system for their new home. We only went with EvoHome because we needed every room to be able to be controlled independently. For mainstream, KISS is still a good starting point.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CT1 View Post
    Fixing the basics that have been outstanding for years, like battery management, and improving support/communications would be a better first step rather than adding more smart features that make EvoHome even more complicated and confusing for the average homeowner. EvoHome is already only really suitable for the smart home enthusiast, i know of at least one previous forum member who decided it was to complicated and has opted for a simpler system for their new home. We only went with EvoHome because we needed every room to be able to be controlled independently. For mainstream, KISS is still a good starting point.
    KISS is right and yes it is not as simple as it could be. If the Grim Reaper takes me before my wife she may struggle. She has now learned to use Siri and does so for the lights etc. but Evohome is not HomeKit compatible, I really really don't know why after all this time, and I do not have Alexa.