Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in evohome? (have your say)

Quote Originally Posted by davidaj View Post
    Been a while since I checked this thread, and appears absolutely nothing has been delivered so far based on these suggestions. The quote above from top brake is effectively saying we will not get an update (and a previous post from Rameses backs this up I recall).

I'm concluding that the reason for requesting our suggestions is to implement these in the next version of evohome, and not to benefit those actually making the suggestions by updating the existing version. If it turns out to be this way, we've all been taken for a ride, so perhaps it's time to put your money where your mouth is Honeywell, and actually deliver some updates and prove me wrong...
    I am sorry but your conclusion is miss-placed. The original idea of this thread was to provide a central area for all the suggestions to reside.
    As I say, " please post your top 3 (put more or less if you want) things you would want to see in evohome. Whilst we cannot promise it will be done, we promise to listen. Go nuts :-)"
    We perform our own research, workshops and focus groups, and this forums offers valuable insight to help us to improve the current product if we can, or future products if we can. We are asking forum members to volunteer ideas and comments.
    Where we can make a change, and the resources are available to do so, we will. If we cannot we will try to fold it into future products, again if sufficient grounds to do so. Many of your suggestions could provide foundation questions for our own research. Each suggestion could be evaluated on a wider scale, across a broader audience and across many countries and cultures. All at the same time ensuring that we do not compromise the core offering of the product including the security and quality of service.

Honeywell will never compromise users security or the core service offering, in a rush to provide updates.

With regards to your Q on IFTTT triggers. This is on the roadmap. No it does not require a FW update. But it does require a change on our infrastructure which has to be planned and tested to ensure the comments I mention above. We are progressing as fast as is possible.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Jr Member

1) Update firmware to remove actual bugs
    2) Open RF protocol
    3) add ability to monitor temperatures over time
    4) save/reload schedules
    5) add possibility to program through PC (USB)
    6) please, please remove bugs before implementing anything else

Automated Home Guru

I've been an Evohome user since the old system was announced and have always been very pleased. The features I'd like to see are:

1. Ability to see which zone is creating demand and thus turning boiler on (just comparing target and actual temperatures is not adequate). Just an icon in the zone display is fine. This would help clearly identify which room are 'heating hogs'.
    2. A bigger ask - ability to auto-log room temperatures through the eternal connector.
    3. More free-from quick Actions.
    4. Button to clear error log.

Chris

Automated Home Lurker

Thanks for the ask. I'm a new user and immediately I'd like to see
    a) some kind of indicator on the controller on the app to tell if the boiler is on and what zone is demanding it. This could be a little flame icon in the corner of a zone? Also along with this some kind of reporting over history of when the boiler was on
    b) if I adjust the temp on the radiator HR92 then this should show as an override on the central controller/apo
    c) more custom quick actions and better detail in them. Eg - make the bedroom and living room 21deg and everything else 16deg etc etc

Thanks
    Simon

Automated Home Lurker

1) All that has already been said particularly boiler demand and where from.
    2) Perhaps a strange request but I would like to be able to control the water temp at different times of the day - why you ask - previous house owner fitted a solar collector on the roof but it only collects if the heat from the sun is greater than the heat in the tank (seems obvious so far). It would be nice to still be able to heat the water in the winter to a lower temperature during the day to squeeze as much free stuff out of the sun where possible then bring it up to full temperature in the early evening but have to put less heat in from the boiler!
    3) External thermometer to enable switch on times to be calculated more accurately
    4) I prefer the GUI on the ipad app to the one on the controller

Automated Home Jr Member

I'd like to see an easy to access offset setting. So I can adjust the temp of all zones at same time in .5 deg increments as the seasons change. The eco mode at minus 3 is inflexible and 3 deg is difference between way too hot and way too cold.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound1234 View Post
    I'd like to see an easy to access offset setting. So I can adjust the temp of all zones at same time in .5 deg increments as the seasons change. The eco mode at minus 3 is inflexible and 3 deg is difference between way too hot and way too cold.
    You can adjust the Eco mode offset if you go into normal (not installer) settings. Not that much of a palaver to do.

P.

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    You can adjust the Eco mode offset if you go into normal (not installer) settings. Not that much of a palaver to do.

P.
    Thank you, didn't know that. I used the Eco quite a bit in the Spring and will in the Autumn.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound1234 View Post
    We are all different but am puzzled as to why one would want or need to adjust temperature by 0.5 over the year. I am probably missing something here but is it not easier to have set an optimum comfortable temperature and then leave well alone? My settings work throughout the year and it is only the odd cold night or sudden cold changes that automatically trigger an on. During the daytime the temperature is set to 18C and at night 10c, evenings in some zones are set to 21c, and currently it rarely comes on. Indeed many rooms during the night stay around 18c. I live in the NE of England so not a nice balmy area getting lots of sun!

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    We are all different but am puzzled as to why one would want or need to adjust temperature by 0.5 over the year. I am probably missing something here but is it not easier to have set an optimum comfortable temperature and then leave well alone? My settings work throughout the year and it is only the odd cold night or sudden cold changes that automatically trigger an on. During the daytime the temperature is set to 18C and at night 10c, evenings in some zones are set to 21c, and currently it rarely comes on. Indeed many rooms during the night stay around 18c. I live in the NE of England so not a nice balmy area getting lots of sun!
    Temperature is not directly mapped to personal comfort - in winter you want it warmer (less active, relatively colder outside to inside), in summer you want it cooler (more active, relatively warmer outside to inside). I needed to set temp to 23 in winter, but this now feels too warm in summer, so have reduced it to 21, so an eco-mode reducing all temps by 2C is ideal for me.

Maybe being up north you have yet to experience this phenomenon, or your home is very well insulated and temp does not vary enough to notice. The empirical evidence suggests there is a need for variation in set temp during the year, hence all the requests for this feature.

It is also interesting that a comfortable temp for you is 18, yet in the south 21-23 seems comfortable, being acclimatised to a generally milder climate. In equatorial countries these temps would be deemed cold, and a comfortable temp is probably mid-twenties for someone living there. Humidity also plays a part.